Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Explain full timing

Sometimes I daydream about full timing. I think I am now there. With the old house and the big yard, added the Montana and now I really am full timing!!!! just to keep up. We had another 5th wheel, but this one sure takes a lot of time just to keep everything ready to go. Not complaining just an observation.

Hope you all had a great 4th.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
Yeah, we felt the same way about the stick house.....so we got rid of the stick house. We've been VERY fortunate not to have any issues with the 5er so far. AND, we sure like coming home to the park every day seeing the yard mowed (we have 10'x80' yards in front of each slip in this park), the pool cleaned, the washers and dryers all working, etc.! Worth every penny of the slip rent and every bit of the inconvenience of having a little less space (OK, a lot less space) to live in! Can't believe we didn't do this 10 years ago.

In all seriousness, we do feel your pain. We had a pop-up back when we had the stick house. Even regular camping in that could become an upkeep chore! Definitely easier if you only have to focus on one habitat. Good luck with the new rig. Hope you have many happy travels!
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dick and Toni, I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain what you mean about "this one sure takes a lot of time just to keep everything ready to go."? Are you having big problems with your Montana? Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:40 AM   #4
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Steve
No big problems. Just constant chores. No big deal. I was sorta making a tounge in cheek joke. There you all are out there fulltiming and I sit at home full time busy.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Dear RLWhit, When we decided that fulltiming might be the thing for us, we asked an old time fulltimer if he had any regrets about going fulltiming. He said that he did have one and, of course, we asked what it was. His reply was, "that I didn't start sooner!"

Remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Well with Joy done working we are sure we will be full timing in less then a year, just need to sell the house . Witch will be after the new year before we put to much thought into that. We will be traveling around until Christmas.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote