Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #21
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We added a multi CD player and kept the DVD/radio player. Also added a VCR. Don put a audo/visual switch with 4 buttons. He hooked each unit to a button. Seems to work fine now. We also found the speaker control button on the DVD remote. We didn't know it was there...DUH! to us! was having a lot of problems until we found this. LOL

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #22
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don also put a jumper on back of DVD but he doesn't remember exactly how he did this and what he connected it to exactly, but it works very well now. Wish I could help more. Next time he has those units out he will remember.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #23
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I just got my Montana (2980RL) back from the dealer because all you get out of the rear speakers is static and the AM did not work. They checked it out and said they will order a new unit and send it to me when they get it for me to install. Has anyone had problems with no AM?

Now I am wondering if I should just sell the unit back to Keyston and get a real sound system?

Thanks for any reply.
Richard Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:04 AM   #24
keepontruckin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2484
Send a message via MSN to keepontruckin
Same story here with the rear speakers. Even with the 5.1 setting, there is a continuous hiss from the rear speakers. I am scheduled to take it to the dealer to address the PDI items and hopefully this can be resolved. I am leaning towards replacing the receiver, however, I expect the dealer and/or Keystone to provide an explantion of the root cause.
keepontruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #25
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Good luck with finding out the "root" cause of your speaker problems. It seems all the Qwest systems have problems of some sort, including me. I still can't figure why Keystone put such a cheap system into such a well built unit, other than a purely cost factor. From all I've read on this issue on this forum, I think the easiest way to solve it is just go and buy a better upgraded system.
Marshall
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:40 AM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Richard,
Yes, not having AM was one of our beefs also. We had to go sit in one of our vehicles to listen to AM. We replaced the unit with a Sony and we can get AM now.
Happy trails........
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #27
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Can you tell me the model number that you purchased and can you hear the rear speakers with the radio?
Thanks for any help and Happy trails to you and youts...
Richard
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Richard,
Yes, not having AM was one of our beefs also. We had to go sit in one of our vehicles to listen to AM. We replaced the unit with a Sony and we can get AM now.
Happy trails........
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #28
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Richard,
I'll get back with you - we are in Southern Calif right now, Monty still up North. We can also get the surround with the TV. We have Direct TV and it has music channels. Really great sound when we play those channels with the surround on. We didn't replace the speakers except the woofer but think we will replace the rear speakers when we get a chance. We had to splice speaker wires since we were trying to stay with the same speakers over TV. Wasn't hard. I'll get the model number for you Tuesday.
Happy trails.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote