Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
Monty Prices ARE up!

Effective June 1, 2008, the Montana 10th Anniversary prices ARE up $4,650.00. That is the cost of the 10th Anniversary Package Upgrades. Better get those orders in tomorrow! I have a copy of the June 1, 2008 price sheet....

Ordered my new 3000RK yesterday from Lazydays.....Yea!!!!!

Bill

William O. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
I give up...why, with gas prices way up, big pickup truck sales way down, are they raising prices?? What am I missing here?
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Raising the price $4,650.00 is the best way to cut back on sales. I sure with the gas prices setting daily records you'll have plenty of last years models to choose from and used ones are going to be on the market.
Go figure?
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
billhoover ,,, you are missing your money , thats all , if the gas goes up , why can't everything else go up is there thought..sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If gas goes up how in the world can't everything else go up. Everything that we consumers buy is tied into the rising fuel costs. If fuel isn't part of the manufacturing process it is absolutely part of the cost of delivering all the parts and accessories to the manufacturer. A huge number of the materials in our Montys, such as tires, furniture, carpets, drapes, etc use the same oil from the same barrel as we put into our TVs. All these increases we are seeing are not just on our Montys but also everything else we purchase. Part of any business plan is to make a profit. NO profit and that business no longer exists.
If the cost of getting that Monty to us rises than so must the price we pay for that Monty.
Think about, we all at some point had a job. We all were paid a salary. When your employer experienced a cost increase did they or did they not have to raise the prices on their goods and/or services to remain in business? When your employer had to give you a raise in pay, wasn't this a rise in their cost of doing business?
Oh sure there is one way to keep prices down and that is to cut the quality of the products they use in the manufacturing process. This I don't ever want to see. The day that Montana starts cutting corners to cut cost on the quality, taking short cuts in the manufacturing process of our beloved Montys will be their down fall. Is that what we really want?
Price increases are just the "nature of the beast" that one way or another effects everyone of us.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Aram is right here/ I will ask him about the increases..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
HERE IS THE STORY.. Aram Kooltokian was standing right here under the awning as it is raining so I asked him the question on the price increases and he should know as he is the number one person at Montana Division. I will try to relay what he said while it is fresh in my feeble mind. The 4,650.00 reflects what the price of the options and improvements that were on the 10th anniversary edition.During the 10th anniversary year Montana basically gave away the increase in price( remember now what you paid for your 10th edition depended on the deal between you and your dealer) The 10th anniversary year is over...however the additions and improvements will now be on EVERY Montana as OEM...
If you buy a new 09 Montana it is going to be a 10th anniversary edition and the 4650.00 reflects the.... RETAIL... price increase.
How much of that 4650.00 you pay will depend on your bargaining skills.

Rich says.. There were a lot of goodies and improvements on the 10th so of course they will cost more not to mention the increase in energy and the effect on the cost of materials. It is reasonable to expect a increase same as the price of Eggs and Milk went up.

IMO it would be reasonable to expect that the increase in price would be perhaps 1/2 of less of that 4650.00..If you exercise good bargaining skills.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:54 AM   #8
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Granted, when fuel goes up, just about everything goes up. However, there are some things we must have...food, clothing, shelter. Other things we really do not need...big 5th wheels and big trucks. Raising prices at this time on descretionary items, IMHO, is not smart business or a good idea. We all know there are huge mark ups and margins in the RV and truck business. Those that bought new units normally got around 25% off the MSRP. I'd cut costs any way I could maybe reduce margins, but raising the prices in this market would be the last option. In fact, Montana could eat the $4650 increase and still do fine...that's a small percentage of an already very over priced $65k rig.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I am sure that price increase is way justifiable from Keystone, the upgrades are awesome. I do understand increased costs at the manufacturer level & those costs having to be passed on to the consumer.

With that said I know that price increase for sure takes the possibility of a new Montana out of our future & unless the other manufacturers follow suit, any new RV as well.

Sad as we were really hoping for a new RV, preferably a Montana, but feeling blessed that we already have one we like albeit it is not up to the today's standards of the newer rigs. With us going to full time in the state of Montana in the winter the zero degree thing regardless of how flawed it may be would be much better than our current Big Sky.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is my personal opinion that the Rv industry as we know it can not survive long if the present economic trend continues, I would see smaller trucks, smaller Rv's. Purchasing a new RV is out of the question for us although we would love to have the new Big Sky.Sales are down and I think any price increase will hurt and all the manufacturer's will have to increase price because there is no way to stay in business by absorbing these huge energy related increases. I would expect to pay 30/32% off sticker on that 65K RV..If they asorbed the 4650 that would put the cost of that 65K camper at about 40K.. I don't know if everyone could make a living off that.. That's the way the price increases were explained to me and to tell the truth I do not disagree with the rational.It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Might have mentioned this before,

Makes me wonder, what did the horses think at the turn of the century, like 1901?? Can you imagine what this forum would have been saying then?? Horse: The nerve of those cars, and they think they can out pull a good team of ole fashioned full American horse flesh?? Hmmmmpphhh!

OR, what the livery and stable owners thought, or the fellow that put shoes on those horse thought?? After a few years of those fancy dancy cars selling right good, they had to know their livelyhood was threatened, eh???

Are we looking at the death of the RV and camping industry as we knew it??

Or, are we looking at the beginning of a new and exciting era??

Either way, there is gonna be some amount of pain and hurtin, eh??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #12
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well we all knew MSRP's will go up. I suppose the suppliers of the materials is one of the reasons for the increase. All types of steel is up. However RV aren't selling nor are HD Trucks. I do believe some RV manufactors will belly up and some will just close their doors. But there are some who will pay the increase but a lot want. So I guess their (Keystone)kinda rolling the dice. We were seriously looking at the Big Sky but now will stop and see what happens. The dealership we were talking with will not order a 2009 until he sells the 2008 and he has no 10th editions. We have only located the ones with the rear entertainment center. Oh well life goes on. We were lucky to have been full timing and have been to all but the three Western states, Cal, Oregan, Washington State. So were thrilled to have done what we did. I feel for the one's that because of Oil will not be able to travel as much as some of us. Hang on this is just the begining, it will get worse until we start what we should have done in the late 70's, thanks to those who want let Oil companys drill for the Oil. And we know who they are. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #13
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Delaine & Lindy,

I wonder if the prices for Big Sky's are going up or not? Many of those features were already included in a Big Sky, so perhaps not.

I'd be checking out a new dealer if it were me. I have never heard of a dealer who would not order for a retail customer to their desired specs regardless of what they have on the lot. After all are they not making money on the new order?

Just MHO on this.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Stand by they will be giving rebates!
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #15
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Thanks, I wasn't very clear, the Dealership will order what ever you want. But there aren't any floor plans we want to look at. We have talked to Keystone, even ask if they were going to have the floor plan we want to look at. Didn't know for sure if they will have one at the Midwest Rv show. As I said we ae in a holding pattern for now. Life is Good... GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #16
rob143

M.O.C. #8370
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

The 4,650.00 reflects what the price of the options and improvements that were on the 10th anniversary edition.During the 10th anniversary year Montana basically gave away the increase in price( remember now what you paid for your 10th edition depended on the deal between you and your dealer) The 10th anniversary year is over...
The 10th anniversary year is over...???????

By what calendar does a year last roughly 3-4 months? Did the Anniv editions not just show up after the beginning of 2008? I thought only hillary and bush were guilty of fuzzy math, but this seems just as fuzzy.
rob143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #17
rob143

M.O.C. #8370
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

The dealership we were talking with will not order a 2009 until he sells the 2008 and he has no 10th editions.
Sounds like their loss. If I'm not mistaken there are a couple dealerships in this country selling them, and no doubt one or two of them will see the wisdom in ordering one and making the profit off of it. Only a fool refuses a sure profit.
rob143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hummm... It was the 10th anniversary "Edition" Manufactured during the 10th anniversary year which was 2008. Since the year 2009's will come out in like June of 2008 and be 2009's then the 10th anniversary edition must be at a end. The 'Edition" was not manufactured for the entire year that is why it was not called the 10th anniversary yearly edition. So what we are hearing is that ALL 2009's will have the options and improvements that identified the 10th Anniversary "Edition" as OEM but can not be called the 10th anniversary Edition since it is no longer the 10th anniversary year(which was 2008)During the 10th anniversary "Year" if you did not purchase a 10th anniversary "edition" you had a lessor MSRP??? I asked the question and I thought the answer was clear..Perhaps I am unable to communicate it clearly. I have been guilty of that before.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #19
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Thanks for the explanation Rich. Now I understand, sort of, a little bit, maybe, kind of.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote