Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
The Dumping Experience FROM HELL!

I am staying in a small town in Oklahoma for a couple of months while I am helping my parents out. We both need our privacy so I just set up in their back drive. I have electric and water so I am a happy camper.
Today I decided I needed to pull down to the city "RV Park" to dump my tanks. I knew this place was more of a joke than an rv park so I did the "drive by" to check it out. As I suspected I couldn't locate any dump station an there were two circa travel trailers circa 1970 something parked there and pit bulls tied in front of each door. I knew this wasn't going to work so time for plan B.
I called the local truck stop and asked them if they had an RV dump station and the girl said "well heavens yes, its on the north side of the building." I hooked up thinking a quick solution was in sight. I pulled in and to the north side to see a motor home hooked up to the buildings electric and no dump station. I walked inside and informed the clerk I was the one who called asking if they had an rv dump. She said "oh yes I remember." I then asked where the dump was located on the north side. She then stated "well anywhere along the north fence. That's where most people back up and dum their trailers." I was so mad my face was red. I took a deep breath and then explained to the poor girl what an "RV Dump Station" was exactly. She said well there is something like that about 4 miles west of town so you might try there.
I quickly decided I would just drive the 20 miles south to another town which had an RV Park I passed on the way to my folks. This park had been flooded a few months back but I noticed a new trailer was parked there while passing so this had to be the solution. It was now raining and I was not a happy camper at all. All three tanks were full and I had to drive 20 miles over an old 4-lane concrete highway where you feel every section break in the concrete. This my friends was no longer a task. It was no longer a mission. We are on the verge of full fledged obsession to get the tanks emptied.
I drove the 20 miles and pulled in to find the trailer I noticed was just sitting there not hooked up. I walked around, knocked on the park office door to no avail. I then called the local police department which rang over to the sheriffs office. I asked the nice man if he knew of any other rv park in the area or if the owners of the park where I was sitting because I was from out of town. He said hang on and put me on hold. He then radioed a couple of his patrolmen in the area. After he returned to the line he told me the park have been closed since the flood and no one knew of any other parks in a 30 mile radius. I then said "well I am at this one, I have a tank full of crap and I see a dump valve so I am going to empty my tanks." He replied that is just fine, I will make sure no officers are in the area and since they didn't post any "park closed" signs he had no problem with me dumping my tanks at their park. He was the nicest person I talked to all day long! He just made my day!
I dumped my tanks and high tailed it on back home. After evaluating the dilema today dad and I have made plans to put an extra hookup to the septic system at the farm and I can just park Miss Monty II at the farm and have full hookup. He even has an electrician going out there next week to do some other work so he is going to have him install a 50 amp plug.
Remember when you think your day is going bad you could have a tank full of crap and no place to dump.
Thanks for reading I just had to vent. This is something only a fellow RVer can appreciate.
Tired Okie Guy

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
It just feels better when you can "air it out" amongst friends. Get some rest tomorrows another day. Full hook ups on the horizon it sounds like you now have a plan.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Jerry Clower said that he doesn't tell funny stories, he tells stories funny. I think you have succeeded in doing so. Glad you are now empty. Nothing worse that a constipated Montana.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
It was nice of the Sheriff to route his patrols on the other side of town.
Glad that one it over.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:12 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Great story, great outcome. I know well, the roads you spoke of, but a plus, that was a good agitation system for the....stuff prior to dumping.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
War stories, nothing like em!

Sometime, in the future, even you will think this is a tad humorous. Yes, you will!

As Stiles said, "Glad you are now empty. Nothing worse that a constipated Montana"
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Phil,
I'm so glad that "everything came out alright!"

p.s., If I were a cop I wouldn't go near that "stuff."
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Having spent 6 months on the farm in Oklahoma (with full hookups), I can say, only in Oklahoma would the fence on the north side be the RV dump! I loved your story and glad it "all came out okay".

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
In my haste I forgot to mention I dumped the tanks into their septic tank system. I did not dump on the ground. I would never dump my tanks on someones lawn.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What a crappy experience.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Phil I'm sure we all thought that. I never would think anything different of a MOC Member.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
That is a great story. I hope I am not the only one that gets a really good feeling when I have empty holding tanks, a full tank of fuel and enough fresh water till the next stop. What a great feeling! JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #13
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
That was a great story. Now that there are some changes being made to your "site" hopefully the rest of your time wont be so crappy.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the great story. Rv'ing can be a challenge at times.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #15
wchips
Established Member

M.O.C. #8256
Thanks Okie Guy, i wasn't feeling good this morning but after reading on your tank issues my day will go much better!!!
wchips is offline   Reply With Quote