Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
PDI 'd The New Rig Yesterday

I showed up at the dealer at 0900 and after some paperwork and a walk through to learn what buttons did what I took out my MOC PDI checklist. Five hours later I had gone over everything on the list and seen every part of the trailer that was visible. There were only two significant defects found and a few cosmetic ones that they will have fixed in time for delivery on Monday. Here is the list.

Small Stuff
Staple popping up through carpet.
Spot on carpet.
Smudges on ceilings.
Staple holes not puttied over in ceiling.
Small end table dented on top.
Fret work above microwave loose.
Window shade strings not adjusted right causing them to bind and twist when trying to raise or lower.

Bigger Issues
Spring tensioner for wire loom under ODS (LR) slide was stretched allowing the loom and wires to rub on tire when slide was closed. The loom was worn away exposing the wires to this wear. They were rubbed but the insulation was still good.

The small piece of white plastic molding that is attached to the lower edge of the wall just aft of the door was positioned incorrectly. When the DS slide was closed the forward edge contacted this molding and this prevented a good seal. A small amount of water got in past the seal and I found perhaps a teaspoon just under the carpet where the white nylon slide strip is located.

I also discovered one other things. The pump for the air bed will overheat when deflating and it takes 25 mins to reset. I should have paid closer attention

MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is not bad at all Roger..Sounds like you got a good one..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Congrats Roger on your new Montana and good luck. We have had minimal issues thus far with our 08 3400 and really enjoy it. Safe for you and your family.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Thank you both. They delivered the trailer to the park yesterday. Everything fixed and things went well except when I looked underneath for the place the JT Stabilizers will fit and found the edge covered in hydraulic oil. I couldn't find a source/leak so I am guessing it was a spill when the reservoir was being filled. It was late so I will check it out more when we go out there next weekend. The park is 260 km's away from where we live.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations on the new rig folks! Always a happy time.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote