Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Tailgating with your Monty

Good evening folks,
Have not seen any topics on MOCers tailgating and how difficult,or not, is it to do so . Nancy and I are in the middle of the SEC here and it's kinda a way of life for most folks down here, just looks a little scary for us newbies, yet something I'd like to try. Roll Tide!!! Steve

FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Have been using our 5er for tailgating at K-State football for years. Away games are a problem finding spots as most spots are reserved for local fans with a waiting list. However, we normally do find a good spot and always find fans to be courteous and great. Locally we get into our spot early in the day and then relax with friends (and new friends) as others arrive and enjoy the festivities. Go Cats!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our 3400 do not have any tailgate..how can I get one?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Rich: It only works with a LOUVERED tailgate. g
Steve: Will the Tide have enough people out of jail to have a team this year?g
BTW GO VOLS!
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Murf,
Who the heck knows and Rich I think that little slide thing-a-ma-bog that pulls out of the belly might qualify for a tailgate as a matter for fact you could mount a weber-q and a keg to slide out, then again(as Murf stated) when your whole team can't stay outa jail you got no where to go anyway. ......Hey Murf, we didn't have a team last year as scored(lets see) 41 points against Vols, so maybe having everyone in jail ain't a bad thing.

Steve
Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Louvered tailgate with rhinestones only..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Rhinestones???

Well, I guess with the price of fuel, that we cannot afford diamonds any more

OR, we have sold them to afford the fuel??

ohhh, are we off topic??

sorry!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Come on folks, as much fun as I'm having, my lack of experiance is crying out here. Seems like a major deal to me, tring to pack 55' of truck and Monty into an endless barage of class A's. I guess I'll need go to a game next year 1st, then ask some bighorn owner how they do it. Ouch!! Keepem coming

Steve
Old 04-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Steve,

Find yourself a great big parking lot (like at the stadium during midweek when there are no people there) and bring lots of traffic cones. Then, set them out to back into a space, make tight corners, and present "problems" such as having to back out of a "S" turn.

Give yourself a couple of hours to practice, then have a nice lunch in your Monty. Confidence building is huge and you will find that as your confidence level increases, so will your skill level.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Michael, Sounds like you and Kathy have been there done it. Good advice- Thanks alot

Steve
Old 04-18-2008, 05:23 AM   #11
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I've found that if I'm not there before 'the crowd' I can't get in -- too tight even for a 4 wheeler!! However, they open the lot up early for the RVs so that helps. It is a pain if you don't get there early enough - have friends who have given up on their 'reserved' space and park their RV (now a Class A) in an outer lot and then drive their 4-wheel into the paved space for the game. Even then it is a real problem getting in with all the grills, tables, Footballs being thrown around, etc.... But they won't give it up -- too much fun with friends made and enjoyed annually. Some don't even go into the game, they just tailgate and listen to the game (watch it on TV when televised). They say the comraderie is so good!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
FLSTS03.. The slide out tray.. I do have a tailgate of sorts.The 3400 is just to big . Haven't tailgated since the "Snake pits" at Indy. Only had a custom vanny then...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
GElmore

M.O.C. #5277
Steve, we are also Tide fans who made our first attempt at tailgating with our Montana this past season. We bought a Honda generator 3000 that worked great all weekend. We landed in Tuscaloosa Friday afternoon and left Sunday morning. There were no reserved places available, but we were lucky enough to have a friend with a business on Paul Bryant Drive who let us use his parking lot. We filled our fresh water tanks and kept an eye on our black and gray water. We have a model 3670 RL. We carried our portable satellite dish and watched Auburn and other games before the Bama/Arkansas game. Our outside TV is under the belly. Lots of eating and plenty of friends and relatives. Probably going back this year. Maybe we'll see you there. If you have any other questions we could answer we will be glad to.
GElmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Glen,
Sounds good to me, I'll PM you when the season gets closer. Roll Tide Roll

Steve