Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Custom Paint

Does Keystone offer to paint your unit to match your TV.........or do they plan on it ?..........as you can see from my sig , my truck is electric blue.......would love to paint the mounty to match it.....I know SOB offers this at no extra charge.......you probably know what brand I'm talking about.......CC.

6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Probably easier to paint the TV to match. I am having disturbing visions of old world craftsmen with very small paint brushes doing detailed trim work using electric blue paint around the Montana decals!!!!!! But they did match the rig to my TV, or was it the other way around???? Ha Ha
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Probably cheaper to paint the TV. Think of the difference in sq. ft.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HughM

Probably cheaper to paint the TV. Think of the difference in sq. ft.
Hugh
Oh, I don't want to paint the whole unit just a small portion like the sob I mentioned.........front cap and bottom and a little bit to blend it together.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
As far as I know, the answer is no. They just in the last few months started offering full paint on the Big Sky. And, there are still some decals on it, at least that is my understanding.

Now, all that said, they change stuff on these rigs all the time, from day to day, and surely month to month and the 2008 you buy at the first of the model run is not gonna be the same as the 2008 they put out at the end of the model year.

SOOOOO, full body paint could be around the corner, and we won't know it till we run into it full force!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Because you already own the unit, I'm not sure why you would want to take it back to the factory for paint? Most specialty body shops would paint it and do a much better job.

Took our to such as shop last fall to get some holes filled in the gel coat and they were doing custom paint on a big MH in there per customer spec.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We were told last year at the MOC Spring Rally in Buelleton that they do NOT have a custom paint process. It is simply too expensive. But that would not stop you from taking it to a local custom paint shop. If you really want it done that would be the way to go.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Because you already own the unit, I'm not sure why you would want to take it back to the factory for paint? Most specialty body shops would paint it and do a much better job.

Took our to such as shop last fall to get some holes filled in the gel coat and they were doing custom paint on a big MH in there per customer spec.

I was thinking of looking at a new one (09) if they offered the matching paint, but seems not likely according to HamRad ......Guess I'll have to look into that specialty body shop...........if I can find one with a bay that high.........I really like those that are done like that, but I've never seen a blue one..........I can see it in my mind and it looks awesome there......lol
Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 AM   #9
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Theres a place here in Pt Saint Lucie Fla and thats all they do. If you need to know # or anything email me and put in Ref line what for.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote