Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #21
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
Diesel Biker, I had the same problem, and what fixed it for me was lots of water. When i use the toilet, I fill it to the top of the bowl before I flush, not a problem anymore. Also, my uncle had the same problem with his Jayco 5th wheel, same pipe design. What he did, he cut a section of the pipe in between the 2 45 degree angles, and replaced the section with a removable boot. If he gets clogged, and cant fixe it, he just to the pipe, removes 2 clamps and now has access to both ends of the spectrum, the angel going into the tank, and the angle coming from the toilet.

Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #22
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I purchased a clog buster thingamajig from a TV infommercial. It looks kinda' like a pump-up water gun only you're pumping up air (and you can pump up a whole bunch!) It has several different end fittings for sink, bathtub, commode, etc. I've never used it on the RV (mine's a straight shot down), but I bet it would unclog that 45 degree drain it one shot!!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:24 AM   #23
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
Hi all. we were having the same problem and realized that the one ply tissue purchased from the grocery store was not working like the rv tissue. Once we changed back to the rv. tissue, we have had no more problems. Also feel we are too using more water.

Hope this helps, or at least confirms what has already been posted.

M00N1 is offline   Reply With Quote