Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Vietnam Wall a Tribute

Vets, and non-vets alike, should appreciate this Vietnam Wall. Look it over and you will realize the price paid by our service members to essure that freedom in this country does not die.

First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear. Then click on their names. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their bio and medals.

This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it. I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.

The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that timeframe, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site. Pass the link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is one of us(LaScola) on the wall... Panel 10W line 83.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
As some may know I worked at the WH for 15 years, 10 years was spent on night shift 7 pm to 7 am. I was at the Wall for the ground breaking and for the 10th year anniversary. When I worked nights I went there very often at midnight (3 nights a week). Just a wonderful time to visit, very hard to explain. Some may understand. The nights were always the hardest while in-country 67/68. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
One of my brothers best friends in high school is on the wall. Panel 15E Line 032. Stan Childers
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have been to The Wall a few times and it is always a gut wrenching experience. The virtual wall that you posted Jim, is very good. I was able to find a few people whose name I knew, easily.

Thanks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote