Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
Roadmaster Active Suspension

Have you used this assist and how do you rate your experience with it? Would you buy it again?

tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
whiterose
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18353
I bought one for a 2013 Silverado 1500 6.2L. The 5th wheel caused the rear end to drop, adjusting the Roadmaster to it's mid setting brought the rear end back up. There are claims of better roadholding made by the manufacturer (active suspension), I don't need to corner faster than Chevy intended, so can't comment on this claim. The ride does not appear to have deteriorated.
Sold the Silverado and now have a Denali Duramax. Roadmaster fitting kit is slightly different, but at a very reasonable price Roadmaster shipped the necessary brackets to adapt for the Denali. First time fitting to the Silverado took about an hour, second time to the Denali less than half, since I didn't remove the wheels. The crew at Roadmaster are great to work with, if only I could say that about the RV Manufacturers.
Don't assume you can exceed the truck manufacturers; combined load, axle loads nor the tire loading.