Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
RV Repair in Gulf Shores, AL

Hope I'm posting this in the right place. On our way home from TX, in Gulf Shores, AL, we caught a tree limb going into Gulf State Park from Hwy 180. Required a new front cap and rubber roof. Contacted Tornado RV Repair and they did a temporary in WalMart parking lot. Was so impressed that we contacted insurance company and then left our unit in GS to be repaired. We picked it up this weekend and to say the least we are very happy with the job. Drove home throught 9 hours of rain and no leaks. Mark Tuberville and his son Nick own Tornado Rv and are great people to work with. Any time I called, Nick would be back to me the same day with an update. They do a lot on-site service if you are ever in Gulf Shores and need something. Nick's number 251 454-1389, Mark's 251 531-0564. We are very satisfied with Tornado RV.

winter texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
It is good to hear a Tornado RV Repair treated you well and deserves to be recognized. So many times we hear of dealers that really do not pay attention to customers needs.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
vangoes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10367
I spend Jan & Feb in Gulf Shores each year. Tornado RV Repair is quite active in the parks and I understand they do good work; albeit as usual in Snow Bird season, prices are a little on the high side with all of the on-site repair guys. BTW, where was that limb coming from Hwy 180?. I did not noticed any limbs of concern and I am usually overally paranoid of low obstacles as I have also crunched an A/C in my previous unit.
vangoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Sorry about the tree limb. We go to Gulf Shores fairly regularly, I would love to know exactly where this happened.

And, yes, We have seen Tornado RV Service around the area. He used to live in Gulf Breeze RV Park, just up 59. Not sure if he still does. Good to have a recommendation, just in case.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Like John said we have also seen Tornado RV repair also. We did the last two winters in Gulf Shores (Anchors Aweight), we hav decided to go to Arizona this winter. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #6
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vangoes

I spend Jan & Feb in Gulf Shores each year. Tornado RV Repair is quite active in the parks and I understand they do good work; albeit as usual in Snow Bird season, prices are a little on the high side with all of the on-site repair guys. BTW, where was that limb coming from Hwy 180?. I did not noticed any limbs of concern and I am usually overally paranoid of low obstacles as I have also crunched an A/C in my previous unit.
It was on the Park Road at the triangle entrance. Drove through there last weekend and 2 limbs had been removed from the tree.
winter texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
vangoes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10367
Like John said we have also seen Tornado RV repair also. We did the last two winters in Gulf Shores (Anchors Aweight), we hav decided to go to Arizona this winter and give some support to the State of Arizona. GBY...

Delaine & Linde,
We saw your rig at Anchors Aweigh when we was there visiting some friends.......nice. Knew it was you from some of your postings on another forum. So, are you giving up Gulf Shores due to the "unusually cold winter" that we had? The thought has crossed my mind also. I have reservations for next year but we still may change our minds.
vangoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
vangoes, thats correct two winters of unusualy cold weather. We plan to be in Casa Grande, Az. You might as well go West. We will be in Colorado in June and return to TN some time in July or Aug. Then leave for Arizona in Nov. and rtn to TN sometime in Mar. However we really like Anchors Aweigh. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote