Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2006, 04:18 AM   #1
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
3400 Tele Mounting

Need some help from some of you 3400 people concerning the Television in the entainment center.
On my trip to Arkansas I noticed that the top of the television is loose and rocking in the mounting.
How do I get in there to see if screw loose or something that is suppose to be hold it in the rack?
Seems like I read somewhere there is a screw under the center speaker - well how do you get into the center speaker?

indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:49 AM   #2
fc5v
Established Member

M.O.C. #3774
I can see the screw in the top of my tv coming down from the frame, it is centered from the middle speaker. I know someone has posted pic's of their rework on tv before. hope they see this and can help you out.
Did you try and remove the black pad under the DVD player and see if there is an opening?
Good luck, Floyd
fc5v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:32 AM   #3
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
No Floyd, but that is something I could try. Shouldn't be that complicated.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:21 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Open the cabinet doors.There is a small rubber/ plastic/ whatever in the center of the cabinet, Pry it up, note screw underneath..unscrew screw..that screw goes through the center speaker, remove center speaker..note another screw..that is the screw that goes through the top of the TV. The Tv did rock on our even tho the crew was screwed into the top of the Tv (great engineering) We use a couple of wood shims between the Tv and the cabinet to keep the TV from moving around. I guess you could screw 4 or 5 more screws through the top of the TV..why not..If the Keystone design folks can use 1 screw ..why not 4 or 5???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Our TV screws broke, sheared, whatever.

Al took TV out and studied the inside of the case and where "parts" were,and it was pretty easy to discover other places a screw could be put in that would not hit said "parts"

Then the TV blew up and we had to find a new TV,and so the exercise was repeated. Took case off the TV, studied where things were and used screws where there were NO parts.

So, far, has worked for us.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Had the same problem with my tv last year. Dealership added a longer screw to the top of the tv, problem has not come back.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #7
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Rich thanks for the tip, found the screw that holds the center speaker but was not able to do much for the screw to the top of the TV. I think some applications of wood shims might be the easy way out.
You would think the Montana engineers could come up with a little better idea of how to secure the TV into the cabinet than the "long screw".