Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #21
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandC View Post
Close on the house in 19 days, but whos counting? Guess I'm more excited about going back to full timing than I originally thought.

Made a tentative deal on a used DP yesterday up at Lazy Days. It looked like they had tons of new Montana models in stock. I asked the boss if she at least wanted to go through a couple models, especially the toy hauler 380. She wouldn't bite and I only have a 40% vote in this venture, so.....
The opposite here. I was ok with the DP but wifey decided to go back to a 5er. Glad we did

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #22
grumpylane
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20516
love these posts. will be waiting to hear the final outcome. and hopefully some pics
grumpylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:54 AM   #23
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Back in the hunt. Salesmen turned out to be a wack job. One of those guys that if his mouth was moving he was lying. First negative experience I have had at Lazy Days, at least on that side of it. Several years ago I was a little frustrated with their service on some issues. Oh well, we are taking our time. We will find what fits.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #24
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandC View Post
Back in the hunt. Salesmen turned out to be a wack job. One of those guys that if his mouth was moving he was lying. First negative experience I have had at Lazy Days, at least on that side of it. Several years ago I was a little frustrated with their service on some issues. Oh well, we are taking our time. We will find what fits.
Not the 1st time I have heard that on both sides about them. They always have a huge presence at the Tampa show. They get a lot of national exposure on tv too. It seems the number of unimpressed buyers out number the happy ones.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #25
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Back out this morning returning to our local dealer. They are big but not as big as Lazy Days. My salesmen there sent an email about a week ago reference some numbers on a new unit (MH) we had looked at but thought was too expensive. The figures he sent was about 15% off MSRP on the new one. In addition, they were offering me right at 30% more on my trade than Lazy Days had quoted.

Will do a test drive today and shoot them an offer I think. I didn't really want to go with brand new because of depreciation and other issues. But on the positive side we won't have to worry about an extended warranty for awhile or $6,500 worth of new tires or other possible expensive maintenance issues for several years either.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:10 AM   #26
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
My experience is that if the price is not 30% off MSRP, I don't talk to them. Obviously they can make it up in the trade, but for my new Montana I got 31% off of MSRP for a cash deal on a unit that was basically ordered. My spec requirements matched a unit coming off the Keystone line and my dealer grabbed it up once they talked with me about it. So it was not a unit heavily discounted because it sat on the lot a long time.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:34 AM   #27
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Done deal. Made offer which was 17% below MSRP and they ended up allowing $25,000 over what Lazy Days allowed for my trade. So the way I looked at it if I got wholesale for my trade (which was what Lazy Days quoted) then I bought the new unit for about 25% off MSRP.

The whole experience was much more enjoyable than what we went through at Lazy Days. No pushy salesmen, no hidden fees, no back and forth playing games. They gave me numbers, I did some figuring and told them the numbers I had to have to buy on the spot, they took about 10 minutes to review everything and said congratulations.