Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
XGBOY
Established Member

M.O.C. #9627
Wiring Diagram

I have a 2007 Montana 3075RL and am in need of a wiring diagram for the rig. There is a dead short in my 20amp microwave circuit, and I need to know if anything else is on the circuit. I called Keystone Customer Service (what a joke) and was told they have no such diagram. When pressed, was told only the engineers have that and they would not talk to me. Also, has anyone replaced that circuit line? I hope it can be pulled out with a line attached to pulled the new line back through. Tks, Xgboy

XGBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
from what has been said before,you will not find a diagram. what you can do is take a small light and plug it into all of your recepticles. I do believe that circut is by itself. have you tried plugging something else into that outlet? you might have a bad microwave. also the outlet itself could be bad,I would change that before trying to run any wiring. the wiring is probably attached in the wall or ceiling,so it won't work as a fish tape. good luck in your search
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Carl32092
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11321
If it's like mine,and I think most if not all are, it is a dedicated line and breaker. That gives you three wires running from breaker to the outlet. If both ends are disconnected you can put a meter on them to check for shorts between lines. If a screw or fastener has worked it's way into the lines you may not be able to tell in any way and just be forced to run a new line.
Carl32092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
If your microwave is on a slide I would look under the slide for the junction box. That would be the first place I would be looking for a short. Good luck.

Edit- XGBOY, not trying to be smart but want to verify reference of terms. To me a SHORT means it is tripping the circuit breaker. The reason I ask is because you ask what else is on that circuit. If it is tripping the circuit breaker then anything else would not work either. If you mean it has no electricity then my terminology is OPEN.
You do not state what unit and year. If you have an 07 or so, ours is like what Bingo said, it has a switch for the microwave or fireplace because both are wired on the single circuit breaker. I have started to trouble shoot either one and then remembered the switch. Slapped my forehead and said ouch.

Good luck
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
On our 2007 model (3400), the microwave was on the same circuit as the fireplace. I think that was the only two things on that circuit but I have been known to suffer severe episodes of CRS!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:36 AM   #6
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
For your info, you will not be able to use one wire as a fishtape to pull another for any distance. For short straight runs, it might be possible. Romex wiring is too stiff and does not pull around corners without getting damaged.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I also have an '07 3075RL. It had a little wiring error when new and was corrected by the dealer. But their techs had a problem tracing the wiring while doing the troubleshooting. I asked the service manager if he could get me a wiring diagram. He said he would see what he could do. After contacting the factory, he said they could not (would not?) supply such a wiring diagram. Apparently even his shop could not get one.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140

From what we have been told the workers go off generic requirements and can do pretty much what they want to do within these requirements. For example, one requirement is that, if I remember correctly, the left side of the attic contains the 110 volt runs and the right side contains the 12 volt runs.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote