Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Just thinking about our trip crossing NM in April using Biomas Diesel and got about 10% less milage. The biodiesel thing is a cousin to the ethanol thing and is not energy efficient (takes more energy to make it than can be recovered in using it) Also, we pay more at the grocery when food and or its byproducts are burned as fuel.

Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
azchuck

M.O.C. #12160
I tried using my card last month, put not all Piolt's employee's know what to do.
azchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #23
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Ed, we have the Pilot/FJ RV Plus card. We do appreciate up to an 8 cent discount on each diesel gallon. We use the truck area in the back of the stores. Some locations take the card outside at the pump only requiring your Pin number that is assigned once you apply for the card, while other locations do require you to walk in and give the card and your Pin number to the clerk. You are billed monthly if used and you receive an email each month of usage. The savings were intended to avoid your use of a credit card, which Pilot/FJ passes on to you with this RV Plus card.

I do believe there is still a learning curve with many locations and some of the older locatiions do not accommodate the card at the pump requiring the walk inside. It's a personal preference and another option to consider for you. Good Luck.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #24
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I think there is some confusion on what card we are talking about. The RV card thru Good Sam is the one I have and is like what Dennis said above. It is kinda like a credit card but no interest and you pay at the end of the billing cycle, and the pumps don't shut off at $75 which I love. But I didn't think there was an option to pay with another card or cash, it is their card you are paying with, unless I missed something. Like Dennis said if you have a $1000 limit they email you a bill and you pay it at the end of the billing cycle. If you want a $2500 limit they require automatic bank payments. As far as stopping at a Flyingj/Pilot I try to stop at the ones out in no where land. I avoid the ones in the cities and near the intersections of several interstates. The ones out just along an interstate are usually not that crowded unless it's supper time. Plus many of them have RV pumps so don't have to deal with trucks. Avoid the ones in the cities because many times they are the ones that have the smaller parking lots. There is one in Little Rock on I-30 that is a real nightmare, never stop there.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Funny you should ask. Today, we stopped at the Flying J in Napanee, Ontario, and got NO discount, except to use the dump pipe. We were told that the discounts are "an American thing". We'll investigate further.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Don't use it, too complicated, too confusing and normally more expensive.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote