Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Looks like the first week of Nov. for delivery!!

All indications are that the 2014 Montana Big Sky 3850FL will be ready for pick-up the first week of November according to management at Camping World-Fayetteville. I would guess that George and Rosetta will take delivery of their rig first because of the modifications that the service department will be doing on ours. Cathy and I saved a vacation day so we will be staying in the area for a night or two it looks like, probably at Camping World itself. Will keep everyone informed as the date comes closer and what our schedule is when we get the details ironed out. By the way, finalized the financial end over the phone today, and have to give Kudos to Camping World's team there. They did better than we were led to believe all along regarding the financing, which was a pleasant surprise considering we had some unique arrangements due to it being an out-of-state purchase. The dealership there has done everything we expected and more. Hopefully the rig will exceed our expectations, just as Camping World has. The process of waiting has been trying, but the light at the end of the tunnel is coming into focus!! Thanks Camping World, thanks Larry, and thanks to Donnie the GM! We are happy campers to be!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad to hear it's going so well. You've got to be really excited and the next couple weeks will go very slowly.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Will you be able to spent a couple of nights in it or will you have to put it in storage right away?
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Jim,
We are hoping to spend a night or two in it there at Camping World for the initial break-in. Then if anything needs addressed by service, they are right there. They have to change the camera system and the forty pound propane tanks over from the 3750 to the 3850. Not sure exactly how we are going to do it, but hopefully will arrive on a Friday morning and then either depart Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Need to check everything and then winterize before we depart.
Bingo
Old 10-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #5
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Bingo,
Have fun. I would spend two nights. You will need it. With Winter coming and initial 90-day warranty, you need to find everything on this trip that you can. Plus, check the power cord. The new ones suck and I was able to keep my old cord from my 3750. Also, the new beds suck, as well, you may want to keep your old bed if you really like. it. We also kept our G614s as they were newer.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Joe,
Totally depends on work schedule and what we can realistically do. I posted earlier about the Furrion Shore Cord that came with the 3750, and if there is not a comparable one in the new rig, it will be transferred. We are having Camping World install a Sleep Number Premier king size mattress in the new rig. I am assuming the 614's will be younger than our three year old ones on the 3750FL. All good advise nonetheless, thanks,
Bingo
Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We are glad to hear things are going well. Ours will be somewhere close to yours. We are looking forward to getting the new rig. Since this is a different floor plan for us we will have some adjustments to make. We will take the rig out for a shake down soon after we get it.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote