Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
Successful First Trip

Well we had a very successful first trip with the new Monty and feel a lot more comfortable. I think we tested just about everything we could think of and thanks to the MOC members with new Monty's we made sure we checked out all the things they listed. We had never used a water regulator, but made sure I had one for the new Monty. I learned one thing about using it - make sure the park doesn't already have one installed. Yes, we hooked ours up and had a trickle of water pressure. Went out and removed the pressure regulator and realized there was already one in place. We have stayed at this same park for years, but they just added them this year. (another thing for the check list)

Glad to report that we only had a couple of small issues - one fuse was blown for some lights, changed it and all was good. One piece of molding needs reattachment and that was about it. Checked all the valves and black tank flush and all worked as expected. Love the new BD3 Hitch - it is so smooth and the hitching and unhitching is so much easier. I also learned that I am getting a universal remote control - one trip and I am already tired of keeping track of all the remotes and which one works what device. So that is the project for next weeks trip.

Thanks to all for sharing their experiences so I had a good idea of what to pay special attention to!

CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on the maiden voyage success. That check-out event is so important to future enjoyment. I am sure challenges will come, but this is a great start. If you missed it, read my post on "What I learned..." Happy RVing.............
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Hope you have many more successful trips and enjoy each one.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
tanner1070
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11365
Glad you had a good trip. We have had two now with our new Monty. Like you, just very small things. One thing I have already figured out...stock up and batteries! All those convienent remotes will get very inconvienent if the battery dies. Next trip...Redmond Rally!
tanner1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Congrats on the maiden voyage!!!
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Glad to hear your first trip went well...hope all your future trips are as uneventful!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Ron and Cathie-- Glad you had a successful first trip out with your new Monte! How about stocking up the 3150 and head East to Nebraska for the 2011 MOC Central Plains Regional Rally coming up in July? It would be a great test for the new Monte and the new TV and just think of all the fun and great scenery you'll have getting here not to mention the chance to meet some of the MOC members! You can get info on the Rally at the Regional Camping Club section of the Forum and if you have any questions just drop me a line and I'll try and answer them!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote