Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #321
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Carol, you can vent here all you want, you do have friends here, I have never met you (yet), but I consider you and countryguy a friend. And I read all your posts and respect your right to vent and it is human to be angry. A good friend will listen and want to help in some way, they the ones that count, all others can, well...you know! lol, So dont you ever feel bad about YELLING out your feelings. It does help. I am on the road and am thankful of that. I got rid of my house yrs ago and chose this life. I can stay as long in one place as I want, then travel a little further as I want. I do hope something will "give" , so that others can get back on the road. I wish I knew the answer. So Carol, just keep your chin up, and we will all pray that better days will be soon. take care
Tom

tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #322
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I do understand Dick's point, though. I have been venting because I feel helpless. I feel like we are pawns in the power brokers' hands. The solution would be more drilling/more refineries/more alternative energy coming online, which in turn would force the price of diesel/gas back down to what it was a mere 11 months ago - diesel was $2.93, gas was around $3.10(?). I would be a "happy camper".
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #323
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
I agree, Dave, but as you know there are ones that want us to give up our so-called gas guzzlers while they ride in their limo's, fly in their private jets, and lounge in their multi-million dollar condos. They have NO idea how the average American family has to live and what they have to deal with on a daily basis. They dont have to worry about paying their health insurance, food on the table, or getting to work. They dont have to worry if their GOLF CART gets stolen, Hell we paid for it!! Anyways thats just my 2 cents worth, I have dollars worth that I could say, but I'm saving mine for the "vote" this fall. thanks
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #324
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
How many guesses do I get???

It is really hard for someone in the environment you describe to be very sensitive to what we are going through here in the "real world". They really have no motivation - other than "THE VOTE", which seems to scare to crud out of them, and maybe it should this election season?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:50 AM   #325
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is the OP that I started. I sort of saw it as a place to collectively vent in one place instead of all over....

OK this is the place to express how the high price of energy is effecting our RV'ing.
As for us....no we are not going to sell the truck and camper. We are going to ride out this Energy fiasco and see what happens.We are still going to travel as far as our Travel budget will allow but we have cut back accordingly.(a lot)We are fortunate that our truck and camper are paid for so we do not have payments sitting in the driveway.I drive charter bus and that adds to the travel budget. We will do everything to pay for 6 months in Florida(and working at Disney) I mentioned that the end of our Rv'ing experience is not yet here..but if conditions continue as they are....we can see it from here

Carol...Your post is our post. Our retirement and travel dreams have been shattered, we hope temporally but I am not a spring chicken and can't wait around a few years for things to settle down. It is literally pretty soon or never. My bus driving dried up also due to the cost of fuel and we have only earned less than 500.00 driving this summer. Driving has been our Florida money...How do we make that up>>>>>
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #326
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Well, I think things are starting to look up a little anyway; I noticed the price of gas here in KY has dropped to 3.799 today. Hopefully it will drop further in the not too distant future.