Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
Don G

M.O.C. #19674
Slideout

I just purchased a 2017 Montana 3811ms. The dealer thought the side on the door side did not fit close enough on the back end. They adjusted it to get it in closer and thought it was working ok. Here is my problem when I take the slide out the part near the door stays in 21 1/2 inches the end they worked on stays in 22 3/4 inches. The dealer is over 400 miles from me and all dealers near me say they are booked up. Does anyone have an idea how I might be able to get the side to work properly? I will be moving into it full time this Saturday and need this fixed right away.

Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Assuming this is a hydraulic slide and nothing is jammed in behind the fascia ... under the slide there are two arms. Count the teeth between the end and the center of each cog gear. The count should be equal. If not take the 1/4"-20 bolt out of the square equalizer bar and turn it to make the count the same. Replace bolt. If that isn't the issue ... on one extension arm with the geared teeth there is a bracket that has two bolts that ride in slotted holes. With the slide about 1/2 way out loosen the bolts and tap the bracket about 1/2" towards the way it will move to near equalize the difference. Retighten bolts. Check slide full extension and full retraction very slowly after this adjustment. If something doesn't sound right ... move the bracket back 1/2 of what you moved it to start with.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Lippert manual that came with my last two units contained detailed adjustment instructions. Also available on line. Best to mark your start points.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote