Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2024, 07:27 AM   #1
Alcarlson13

M.O.C. #30304
New couch help

Own a 2015 with the living room in the front. The couches of course are starting to peel/crack from use. The main couch is L shaped sectional. Wondering if anyone has experience replacing/finding a new one that will work? For those who are not familiar, essentially the long part of the couch is in the slide out and then a piece of the couch is on wheels and the slide pushes it in/out (horrible design in my opinion &#128527.

Alcarlson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 09:43 AM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarlson13 View Post
Own a 2015 with the living room in the front. The couches of course are starting to peel/crack from use. The main couch is L shaped sectional. Wondering if anyone has experience replacing/finding a new one that will work? For those who are not familiar, essentially the long part of the couch is in the slide out and then a piece of the couch is on wheels and the slide pushes it in/out (horrible design in my opinion &#128527.
What model do you have? RecPro is a good start. Many have installed residential furniture
https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:17 AM   #3
Alcarlson13

M.O.C. #30304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
What model do you have? RecPro is a good start. Many have installed residential furniture
https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/.
KEYSTONE MONTANA 3710FL Is the model. Could definitely do residential furniture, but wasn’t sure if the slide would be an issue.
Alcarlson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:01 PM   #4
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
The only real issue is getting the furniture in and out of the door.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:05 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I am pretty sure the FL models have couches that set partially in the raised slide (the rear legs) and on the on the lower non-slide floor. The leg length discrepancy is an issue with residential furniture.

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:00 PM   #6
Lkasper12

M.O.C. #23404
Couch replacement

I have the 2016 version of the 3710FL and ended up taking the sectional out and replacing with a jackknife couch on the slide out and two recliners that I bought from CW. The couch had the removable spacers for the drop-down section and the recliners fit up one in the slide out and one on the main floor. Just set up a method to hold them in place while towing. No more peeling!!
Lkasper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:34 PM   #7
RichardMor
Established Member

M.O.C. #33110
We are in this predicament also. Looking for a couch that will fit in the slide out (2014 Montana 375FLF). Following hoping to get some ideas of what to do.

Richard
Copperas Cove, Texas
RichardMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 07:50 PM   #8
SaraLouwho
Established Member

M.O.C. #14458
We had a similar couch in the slide out with the same peeling problem. We found the J part of the couch to be most uncomfortable. We felt like we were sliding forward whenever we tried to sit on it. That made it an easy decision to get rid of the couch and replace it. We measured the slide opening and bought a residential pull out couch that fit the space. Now we have a couch in a color we really like (not the least objectionable that we ended up with) and a few inches of each side of the couch that makes it look more homey.
SaraLouwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:37 AM   #9
Kfinnert
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32153
Good morning -

I had a couch issue and replaced it with Stanton Sleeper sofa, which I purchased thru West Harvard Furniture located in Roseburg Oregon.

What is nice about this business is that you order it thru them and they will assemble it in your coach. It took them about two hours once I arrived at their business; their wear house is across the street from the showroom.

Best of luck with this project!
Kfinnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:17 PM   #10
madeforeachother
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6748
Had the same problem and after a couple of repairs bit the bullet and went to Rec Pro and bought a whole new set for our front living room. I had to make an extension base on the slide platforms to accommodate the new furniture but are very happy with the results. Keystone sucks with putting that china crap in a 2016 3711FL which we were told was leather and only lasted 3 years and our LR looked like trash! I don’t have pics of the work I did but I have the finished pics. Keystone should have hired me !
madeforeachother is offline   Reply With Quote