Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Chiplynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13144
New Closet Design in 3625re

Looking for someone who has the 4 door closet arrangement in the new 2013 or 2014. We just purchased a 2013 Big Sky with these doors. By the time we got home, the doors were pulled off, screws stripped out and generally a mess. There is no track on the floor in our rig. We have reported this and are waiting on Montana. Hope there is a fix or I will be hanging curtains so we can make it to the Goshen Rally. The curtains may be the only solution.....
Can anyone provide their input on the "fix" from Montana for this and does it work. Thank you.

Chiplynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
Oh my, so sorry to hear this. No excuse for that to happen. Hope you get a good solution soon before the rally. We have been at our dealer
all day getting warranty work done. Was hoping to get home (125 miles) before dark, but not looking good right now. Oh we'll, they have been
great to work with. Good luck on yours. See you at the rally.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Back to the dealer???? Or Keystone Service appt at the Rally. Not good.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Here's what I would do. This is a problem that has been reported before. Rather than have a dealer fix it, I would call Keystone Customer Service now and get an appointment to have it fixed either before, during or after the Rally (depends on what works for you) by the customer service center in Goshen. Many of us have had some major problems and those folks fixed things much better than most dealers (just my opinion, but I've got the repairs to prove it).
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
chiplynne
besides the doors how do you like the rig, thisw is what i was thinking on getting in a coup;e years especially the big sky package. how is the rear entertainment center and generally the wife loves the little bar stools and bar area. whats your thoughts on the rig, thanks

I have deleted your duplicate post.
okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Chiplynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13144
We are arranging the fix at the rally, we hope. This problem was in the first releases of this new closet. We understand the fix adds a track on the floor. We wanted to know if anyone owns this type of closet door, did the "fix" work or did yours come with the fix and are you satisfied with the answer. Just gathering information for our appointment.
I loved the look of these doors and the new closet design and truly hope the solution is a good one.....

LYnne
Old 08-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Chiplynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13144
We truly love this layout so much that we purchased the 2013 MOntana 3625re last summer in Rapid City when our travel trailer broke a hitch and my husband went RV shopping. At the mid Atlantic rally, Chip decided he wanted the Paint and the tires. I wanted a stainless sink and fell in love with the new bedroom layout. Also, love the LED lights.
We found a 2013 BIG SKY 3625re with 2014 enhancements in Savannah Camping World that had been ordered 2 months ago and the person never came to complete the purchase. We were able to make a very good trade with Larry's help. It was delivered to Fayetteville where we picked it up this weekend.
The only small issue I have with the 2014 layout is they removed the two drawers from the bar area and put the electrical panel there. Men don't care but women want more storage. Bad mistake, Keystone. I'm sure the closet mess will be fixed.
The bar stools are one of the best features, We eat there every night.
If you are interested in a Montana (not the Big Sky), ours is in Fayetteville.... call Larry......

Lynne
Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Yes, now is the time to arrange an appointment to have this fixed. We have the same doors and during our walk-though one door fell off in the employee's hands. He was an experienced RVer and when he looked over the situation told us the door were not installed correctly from the factory. He had a tech reinstall them based on his directions. They now work just fine and no issues with coming off the closet. However, the one door got a crack when it fell off and I can see this crack, but would require a close inspection for others without prior knowledge to find the crack. There are two small locking latches at the top of each door that are plastic, and on ours they were replaced by metal latches on the door that fell off. I have talked with others that have tied twist-ties on this little latch to make sure it does not open while going down the road. We have MOC friends that also had bottom-guide-rails installed on their new coach closet middle door to make sure that doors never falls again. Oh, we really like the new 3625 especially the bar stools. We see something in most every floor plan that we especially like.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
We have a 2014 3150RL with the 4 closet doors and Splendede in the middle. Ours has the track in the floor. The doors have the plastic catch on the top.

The problem our's have is the flat wood piece on the doors are held on with small staples that are not large enough. Next the 1/4 round pieces are held on with the same small staples. All 4 of our doors have damage.

I have removed the doors and using sheet rock nails have put the flat wood pieces back on and the same for the 1/4 round pieces.

We leave the doors open when parked, and when we travel we use "bungie cords" and hold the doors in a open position.

The track in the floor is needed, but is not a fix. Only a step in the direction of a fix. We are presently on a 2 month trip and when we get home to MO. I'll call the local CW and see what they can tell me.

The girls @ Keystone Customer Service are WORTHLESS..........

The cost of fuel to complain at the "rally" I can buy doors and provide a fix my self.

Sorry for the negative, but I have have had a 100% pi?? poor experience with Keystone Customer Service/NOT and after 20+ years of Rv'ing and 35 years in Service Management I think know a bit about stuff..

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #10
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
Adding to what jlb27537 wrote. We haven't had to call Keystone Service for any warranty work that had to be done. Our Dealer, Dandy RV in Anniston, AL gets an A plus on their customer service department and their service repair technicians. We had work done today and couldn't be more pleased. The owner of Dandy really cares about his customers and strives to keep his customers happy and coming back. As long as our dealer continues to work
this way, I will go to them first. We have certainly dealt with other dealers that didn't bother with you after the sale. Sad but true.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
our closet doors did the same thing--the dealer has out screws in the small wooden "slats" on the doors as the staples pulled out. thnk this fixed it but will know by time we get to Goshen for the Rally
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 AM   #12
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Nice going, Chip and Lynn!!!

When we went to look at our 3100RL in Syracuse, the doors were laying on the bed. The salesman told us that they would be fixed before we picked it up. They were. No problems so far.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
I was visiting the RV lot recently and visited a 2013-4 Montana 3582 and noticed the closet sliding door wasn't working properly. The stop on one of the sections that slides into each other when closed was allowing the panel to slip by not bringing the other two panels with it to the closed position.
Jay D.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #14
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
I have the same doors on my 2013 and so far they are working fine except the door latch is very hard to lock and unlock. Our doors does have a bottom track.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote