Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #21
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
OK, I'll go take my meds and go to bed!!!

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #22
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Phewww, you had me worried there for a couple of minutes Phil, good to know it was the lack of medicines fault!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #23
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Mynabird,

Got the back-up camera reinstalled in the new tail-gate. Works fine. Now, if I can just get the one installed on the back of the Monty....
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:01 AM   #24
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

With all the recent re-hashing of the never-ending G614 debate and the requisite battles between proponents and opponents, perhaps it is time to take a break and address a more civilized topic such as..........
V-shaped louvered tailgates that are adorned with??????
Ouch, daggone it, that's gonna leave a mark!!
Hee Hee!!
Bingo
X2
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #25
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:

No worry, Ozz. The post is in reference to a thread we had to pass time during the winter a few years ago. I believe some of the original participants are still on the MOC and will hopefully be along shortly to chastise me!! Simply trying to provide some levity to offset the winter doldrums again. Gotta have something to do besides repetitive crashes of the Christmas helicopter toy! Can't camp until our annual Easter expedition! For the curious ones, that have time to waste, here is the original thread complete with it's meandering in and out of relevance.
Louvered Tailgates
Bingo
X2
Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #26
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

Now, Bingo, that thread got a lot of love and not so much love from many, and I have sworn off participation in another (HAHAHAHA)

But, I still think vgates with bling would be "eye catching".

Shame on you for bringing it up again!
X2
Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #27
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Oldguard

Bingo, how about Lucy in the sky with “Diamond Studs”
X2
Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #28
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I can't help myself, I have got to X(infinity) to what I perceive as Robbie's subliminal message that I think is hidden in his X's!! Fess up Robbie, I sense that there is something there besides simple agreement! I, for one, have missed Robbie's uncontrollable urges to stir the MOC (oops, I meant pot!)
Bingo
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #29
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

I can't help myself, I have got to X(infinity) to what I perceive as Robbie's subliminal message that I think is hidden in his X's!! Fess up Robbie, I sense that there is something there besides simple agreement! I, for one, have missed Robbie's uncontrollable urges to stir the MOC (oops, I meant pot!)
Bingo

If I had to guess he is probably referencing the bobble head effect that goes on here .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:42 AM   #30
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Quote:

Bingo

If I had to guess he is probably referencing the bobble head effect that goes on here .

BINGO!!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #31
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
Quote:
"If I had to guess he is probably referencing the bobble head effect that goes on here ."

Either that, or he's wound up on coffee from an over washed,... or under washed brewer :-)
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #32
F3fifty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12628
I purchased a new 2012 F350 Super Duty in September and one of the options that I really like is the step that folds out from the tailgate and the handle that pops up to assist with climbing inside the bed. Never thought I'd want that option until I turned 60 and believe me it's a nice feature. Anyway these Ford gates are not cheap and today I ordered my new Custom Flow 5th wheel tail gate, say what you want I'd rather put a ding in a 300 dollar gate then spend a 1000 to repair OR replace the factory gate, accidents happen. These gates are so easy to change out and since IM not full time RVing I'll play musical gates during the towing season. This is what works best for me.
F3fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #33
travelinsparky
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12412
I have a 2010 F350 and I think they keep raising the bed every year. The Step is really nice especially for this old guy. But let me tell you they aren't $1000 to replace try $2500 plus they are much heaver than the regular gates. I had a piece of equipment roll into the extended gate, ups.
travelinsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #34
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by travelinsparky

I have a 2010 F350 and I think they keep raising the bed every year. The Step is really nice especially for this old guy. But let me tell you they aren't $1000 to replace try $2500 plus they are much heaver than the regular gates. I had a piece of equipment roll into the extended gate, ups.

I would dearly love to have the built in step but I don’t have it on mine. I use a step stool from Wally World that I’ve always just carried it the truck bed. I would be lost without it.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #35
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ok, how about a diamond studded V-gate that doubles as stairs?

The possibilities could be endless!!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #36
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Now we're getting somewhere, you go Robbie!!
Bingo
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #37
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
My 250 had the step in the tailgate, dually doesn't so I bought this. Works and have had pickup owners all over ask about it.
http://www.debostep.us/?gclid=CLbQmt...FQ3nnAodFXQAvA
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #38
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Biting my typing fingers,

who mentioned diamonds???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #39
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Yes, I kept the stock tailgate without the steps and purchased this appropriate ass lifter from Home Depot. We couldn't afford the diamond studded model, but we were able to adorn this lifter with icicle Christmas lights, permanently with just one small roll of duct tape (purchased at the dollar store for a buck) and several hours of contemplated design work. Now, you can leave your Christmas lights up year round!!

The dual purpose suits us well. We recommend this lifter to everyone who lives in a RV or knows someone's cousin who lives or stays in an RV or anyone who might be planning on seeing someone who lives or camps in a RV in the not to distant future or never.

BTW, for those of you on a budget, they make this almost same model in wood. Yes, we too have people wonder where this knowledge comes from, we only share this very wisdom with MOC members.

This lifter actually saves tons of money if you ever plan on replacing your perfectly good tailgate without the steps. Also, with this lifter, you'll never forget to put your tailgate up or down if you leave the lifter right next to your tailgate or on the driver's seat!

Can I get several X2's, X3's and several acknowledgments for the genius of this incredible invention? What will they think of next?

Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #40
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Yes, I kept the stock tailgate without the steps and purchased this appropriate ass lifter from Home Depot. We couldn't afford the diamond studded model, but we were able to adorn this lifter with icicle Christmas lights, permanently with just one small roll of duct tape (purchased at the dollar store for one dollar) and several hours of contemplated design work. Now, you can leave your Christmas lights up year round!!

The dual purpose suits us well. We recommend this lifter to everyone who lives in a RV or knows someone's cousin who lives or stays in an RV or anyone who might be planning on seeing someone who lives or camps in a RV in the not to distant future or never.

BTW, for those of you on a budget, they make this almost same model in wood. Yes, we too have people wonder where this knowledge comes from, we only share this very wisdom with MOC members.

This lifter actually saves tons of money if you ever plan on replacing your perfectly good tailgate without the steps. Also, with this lifter, you'll never forget to put your tailgate up or down if you leave the lifter right next to your tailgate or on the driver's seat!

Can I get several X2's, X3's and several acknowledgments for the genius of this incredible invention? What will they think of next?

X2, X3 & X4
Very similar to mine except mine is made out of plastic or some similar compound which probably needs to be replaced this season.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote