Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
canuck

M.O.C. #8856

BN member to your forum. We had a keystone passport model 285rl, just sold her and bought a new 2008 montana mountaineer 31rld. Get the unit next week and already planning for 2009. Anyone out there, did we do the right thing getting this unit or are we in for problems?

canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Welcome to MOC. Any Montana is a good Montana. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new 31rld.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome canuck to the MOC Family.

You asked "did we do the right thing getting this unit or are we in for problems? "

You bought a Montana and so I doubt you have made a bad choice. A factory Rep at Forest River was asked a question.."After I purchase your new Forest River RV am I going to have problems a few months down the road?"
The Reps answer was as honest an answer I ever heard from anyone. He said "PROBABLY!" We were all kind of astonished until he finished with "Every RV is built by a human and every time a human gets involved there is always that possibility of a problem. You can spend $20,000 for an entry level or $2,000,000 for a Prevost Class A and there is a good possibility of something breaking" He than used my favorite saying, "It's the Nature of the Beast"

So "did we do the right thing?" Absolutely!!! Because Montana (Keystone) has the best darn, bar none, Customer Service you can deal with. The other mfgrs may say they do but after this past Fall Rally Keystone Customer Service flat out proved it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:39 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You bought the Mountaineer, a good unit you can be proud to use. I bought the Big Sky and I have had some problems, all attended under warranty. I have caused some other problems myself, like leaving a drain valve closed while running the washer and flooding with wash water. We full time in our unit and are very happy with it. I think you made a good choice. Reading this forum and asking questions can help you avoid some problems. Glad to have you aboard.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
My first reaction is, "too late to ask." After saying that I also want to tell you I did the same thing. Committing that amount of money has this effect. As stated there will be problems. Each unit is a little different because humans have their hands on them. This is our second Montana and we are happy with it. Most important we are very happy with the support from Keystone Montana when there is a problem.
I feel you are in the right place (the forum) to get good honest info and will see many great posts about their unit.
Best of luck and welcome to the forum.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:21 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
My immediate reaction is "Yes you did the right thing." In the long run I don't believe you will go wrong staying with the Keystone line. As you can see by our signature, we've been in our unit for over eight years, full time. As someone else said, you will have problems, it's the nature of the beast. I've said this many times, that with every RV I've owned I've had a myriad of problems. So when I purchase a rig, I expect some bugs--it's the same way when I buy a car or truck--I expect bugs. Just know that you've got a good company backing you.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:53 AM   #7
canuck

M.O.C. #8856
To all the members who responded to my introduction, thank you very much. I will expect problems to occur as was stated by a member as it is " the nature of the beast " but having so many of you say Keystone has backed up their product makes sleeping at night a breeze. Hope to see you on the road!!!!
canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
First of all Welcome to the MOC family!!! We, like many others, are on our 2nd 5er built by Keystone and do strongly believe that you can't go wrong with this product line. Sure there will be problems but I am sure they will get looked after promptly by your dealer, backed by Keystone! For those many other problems just post away on this forum and you WILL GET the proper advice and help to solve most any problem or question.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulation and we hope you have many happy times in it. You did the right thing. We are on our second Montana and have not had a problem with either. This is the place to be if you should have a issue. You most likely will find the answer here.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote