Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Hello!

Hello! I just took delivery of a 2006 3500RL, and wanted to stop by and say hello. So far I haven't had any problems with the unit, but for some reason the antenna will not raise up. I'll have to climb up on the roof and find out what the problem is. Actually, the only thing I didn't inspect was the antenna before I drove it off the lot ;-( I had a 2nd A/C installed and I have a feeling it getting caught up in the housing or something. The only reason I haven't checked it so far is that when I drove the unit home I parked it in my driveway real close to the gutter/soffets and now I can't climb up the rear ladder to get on top of it. I have a ladder, but I'm waiting for someone to stop by so they can hold it while I climb up on the roof (don't need no accidents) Have any of you guys had any problems with your antennas that have a 2nd A/C installed or not? Any comments are surely appreciated! Other than that problem, I love my Montana! Thanks in advance. Allison

SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new Monty!!!! I am sure any problems you might possibly have will be addressed by someone on the forum. It's a great place for solving problems, enjoying the friends that you will surely make here and getting great inmformation on everything from soup to nuts.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
rickety, thank you for your warm greetings! I'm glad to be a member of this site. By the way, how do insert a photo with your user name (avatar)? I've checked the profile screen, however I don't see anything that will let me do that.
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Welcome skoobdo..Another Ohioan here. We are awaiting the delivery of a 06 3400. We are also having a 2nd A/c installed let us know what you find out about the antenna.Also check down in the Rally section for the GL regional rally in Aug..it is near your area.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Welcome to the MOC!
Glad to hear your 3500RL has arrived without any major problems. I hope you get your antenna problem fixed soon.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Allison ... Welcome to the MOC forum! I can't help you with the antenna question, but as far as the avatars go, they've only recently been returned to the forum. The Administrators are issuing invitations to members to submit a picture. They will then do whatever it is they do and, before you know it, you're avatar will appear!

I noticed on your profile that you are a single person of the female persuasion. I have a great deal of respect for our single female members who do this fifth-wheel thing on their own. Way to go!!!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
mjflora
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5556
Welcome Allison! We just picked up new 3500RL last week and I love it! Can't wait to actually get it out on the road.

Mary
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the MOC. Tell us a little more about the problem. What have you tried so far to raise the antenna? Will the handle not move? Does it move but with no result? Do you hear any unique sounds when you try? These MOC wizards are very good about problem solving when they understand the problem. Happy RVing............
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hi Allison and Welcome to the MOC family. I don't have the second AC and I haven't had a problem with the antenna but I am sure someone will be along to help you out.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:53 AM   #10
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Before an antenna is put down, there are a couple of arrows that need to be lined up. My guess is that the antenna was put down after installation without these being in line. They are molded into the plastic rings where the crank is. The arrows are supposed to be lined up so the antenna is in the correct position before cranking it down. If these are not lined up, then the antenna may indeed be hitting the A/C (or something else). If they are not in line, try pulling the outside ring down and rotating it (the shortest diection) to line it up with the other one. Don't be too forceful, though !! If it allows you to rotate it a little, then try raising it. Also be sure you are turning the crank in the correct direction - I know that sounds stupid but that's probably what I would be doing and not even realizing it.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:42 AM   #11
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Allison: Welcome aboard!

Re the avatar, that is done through the Forum Administrator(s). You can, however, easily inset a picturein your "signature block" through any number of web "picture hosting" sites. Just right click on anyone's picture or graphic in their signature block area, select "properties", and you can see which site they are using, and the size of the picture file.

Many of use use tinypic.com (free and easy to use) to "host" our picture(s), but there are many others out there. Also, do a forum search for "posting pictures". There should be some information out there on that subject. Look in "Computer & Forum Problems Tech Questions" in the Forum. Also, in that same section, there is a "Practice" area where you can get it just the way you want it befoe you actually set up your signature block.

Best regards,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #12
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome, and congratulations on the new Montana. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Welcome to the MOC, Allison,

Great place, Great people

J & D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:50 AM   #14
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
As Vanman mentioned the antenna directional arrows must be lined up. This is the round piece above the handle. It will most likely be spring loaded meaning you will need to pull down then turn until the arrows are lined up. On our Monty the arrows will be pointing to the rear. With the arrows lined up turn the handle to raise (clockwise on ours). It should go up, as mentioned earlier don't FORCE anything. Good luck!

Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote