Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #21
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
A lot of very good advice and suggestions here. I would only add, over the years I have owned quite a few RV's, pull behinds, motor homes and 5th Wheels, and as a now proud Monty owner, I would never again have anything but a Montana. As has already been said, there are many-many Montana owners, and the comments you see here are addressed to any problems only, not the good comments. If your inspection of the unit, and the integrity of the owner seem to match up, I would go for it. Any unit you buy at some point will have a problem, however I have found much less problems with a Montana. Good luck, and welcome.

Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #22
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:
The picture posted in the my reply is the passenger side. Follow the top of the propane compartment door (put your mouse on it!!) right to the curved part of the molding. That is where the representative checked for the flex (looking for a separation in the molding and the caulking an eighth of an inch or more).
I do not want to offend anyone, however I must say that the Keystone representative firstly was looking out for Keystone's interests. By declaring your unit did not have a flex problem, he did you a disservice as well by not doing a proper check.

Keystone has authorized to have the dealer do the "field repair" to the bedroom side of the my 2012 unit. On the side where he inspected your unit, there is absolutely no separation of the caulking on my unit either, it looks like it did the day I bought it.

I am not in any way saying you have a flex problem, I am saying that had he done the assessment in the manner they have instructed their dealers to do it, then it would have meaning.

h2ojocky - If all things look good with the exception of the pin box and you are satisfied with that, then by all means purchase the unit, the Montana line is equal or better than most others. Good luck and happy traveling.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote