Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2005, 04:38 AM   #81
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gee, I wish we could be at this get together but we're far, far away from 'the valley.' But, if y'all have one next year we'll be there... yesterday we made reservations for next Jan/Feb at Bentsen Palm Village RV Park in Mission. Don't everybody decide to go somewhere else next year!

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #82
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Steve and Vicki: We are here every year. We hope to see you somewhere before then.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #83
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We have arrived at Valley Gateway RV Park in Edinburg and are in site 85 right across from the office. Drove down to Mission and saw (Ontmont) today, but we were unable to locate the park which Bill & Ann were in. For Steve & VIckie you will be missed but we look forward to seeing you next year in the valley if not before. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the Feb.17 if not before.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:24 AM   #84
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Bill and Ann

Betty and I plan on making the get together at Mr Gatti's.

Look forard to seeing you all!

Steve S
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #85
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hey there gang,

John Bozarth and Marge Cronan (JLBOZ60) stopped by today, we had a nice visit (me through the door, as I am still sick enough, did not want to share the wealth).

Had a nice visit, thanks guys for coming and looking us up.

Al and I are starting to mend, I got real good a sick over the weekend, but am on the mend now. It surely is easier being sick at 80 degrees vs being sick at 40! Trying to make the best of it, but as I told Marge, I think I am sick of making lemonade! HA!

Looking forward to getting out and about in the next few days, hope to find a few of you home when we come a visiting!

If not, see ya on the 17th, I have been giving some thought to the MC duties, and have a few ideas. Come on the 17th and see if I can pull this off! HA HA

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #86
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We had a great visit with Al & Carol (CountryGuy)today. Carol seems to be doing much better since they found warm weather, and she will make a great (MC) for the group. We are still trying to find our way around the area and checking out campgrounds for later. We hope that we can locate other members in the valley. But if not will see everyone on Feb. 17th. Everyone drive safely
Old 02-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #87
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
I sure hope someone posts some pictures of this gala event to share with the rest of us!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #88
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Vicki, me too. You made a fast trip to Tampa and South Texas is not much farther. We sure would love to see you and Steve. You only have to make one overnight stop at a (hotel) and drive on in. Everyone would be so excited if you were to walk in. And while you are here you can check out the campground which you will be staying at for two months. But if for some reason you can't make it I am sure pictures will be taken.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #89
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, not being sure just how far it is I fired up Streets and Trips. Round trip from here (Tybee Island, GA) is **only** 2755 miles. That's only about 2000 miles farther than our trip to Tampa and back! I think we'll wait until next Jan/Feb when we'll be in the valley anyhow! But thanks for the "invite"! (you could come gives us a ride, ya know).
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:55 AM   #90
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
steves: Thanks for the updated. The list on page 6 is now updated.
13 definite, 3 possibles.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:32 AM   #91
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Below is the updated list of attendees and possibles.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Ann

I have printed out the 6 pages on this subject and I will summarize what I have captured from all the reading. The get-together will be the 3rd Thurs. in Feb. which is the 17th.
So far, from what I have read the following people have expressed an interest to attend:

Name: Staying At:
Bill and Ann Adobe Wells Park
Vickster (Ron and Vickie) Victoria Palms
Country Guy (Al and Carol) Llano Grande Lake Park
Eugene Bluebonnet RV Park
Southstl (Steve and Evelyn) Valley Gateway RV Park
OntMont (John and Donna) Benston Palm Village
Ormee and Ginette Benston Palm Village
Kimmrg (Kim and Steve) unknown
JimnPat (Jim and Pat) Rio Grande Bible Institute
MEinMO unknown
JLBOZ60 (John and Marge) Valley Gateway RV Park
contau lake (Bill and Sharran) unknown
steves (Steve and Betty) unknown
Countryfolk (Skip and Mary) Benston Park Village

Possibles
RonS (Ron)
foggyb (Dan and Sandy)

If I have missed anyone or made a mistake in what I have posted, pls update the list.
Since Random Line has unfortunately had to cancel I guess someone has to stand up to the plate and take a swing at things. Just to try to find a place for a meet I have contacted Mr. Gatti's in McAllen, 4100 N. 2nd (Col. Rowe Blvd.) just North of Nolana, and have booked Feb. 17 at 3:00 to 4:30. (The only time available.) The cost will be $4.79 + tax per person. No cost for the room. The room capacity is 36 people. It is booked under MOC and I have left my name (Bill Weaver) as a contact with Mr. Gatti's.
If this isn't ok. Let me know and I will cancel.
Now, if someone will put their hand up to MC.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #92
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We checked in at Bentsen Palms yesterday, we're in the new section. We are planning on being at Mr. Gatti's. Finally got this thing to recognize the 'net.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #93
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Not sure at all that we will make a trip to the Valley this year. It is over 600 miles for us, but we would like to see some of your friends. I will take this opportunity to make a couple of recommendations:

1] We stayed at the Choke Canyon State Park the last time we did go to the Valley. It is well worth driving a few miles to make that at least an overnight stop. I think it would be listed under Callaham, Texas and the part we stayed in is called the "Callaham Unit". If we do come to the Valley we will definitely stay there.

2] If you friends from the north can stay until late March through April, you should certainly go through the Texas Hill Country to see the wildflowers. Seems like everyone knows about Fredericksburg, and that is well deserved popularity. I like to recommend Inks Lake State Park (near Burnett, Texas) as a very nice place to stay and from which to drive out along the roadsides covered with wildflowers.

3] I'll make this a number 3. There are several excellent sites to give information about wildflowers. Here is one:
http://dewittwildflowers.org/
I may come back and add some others.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/wildseed/
http://www.lnstar.com/mall/txtrails/...rs/flowers.htm
http://www.wildflower.org/

Hope Ya'll are having a good time as Winter Texans. As for me, I've been a full time Texan for over 70 years. Which reminds me, don't overlook Northeast Texas on your way through. I manage to get to the Valley without getting near Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #94
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Countryfolks

We checked in at Bentsen Palms yesterday, we're in the new section. We are planning on being at Mr. Gatti's. Finally got this thing to recognize the 'net.

Skip
Skip,
There are several campgrounds that have "Bentsen Palm" in their name. We are at Bentsen Palm Village (at the bottom of Bentsen Palm Drive, near the state park.(Site 623) Where are you?
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #95
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OntMont, John and Donna

We drove out that way last night, but think we caught you out to dinner. Sorry we missed you. Ask me about the lady with the 4 yorkies when we see you on the 17th!

Cheers,

Carol

Old 02-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #96
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

OntMont, John and Donna

We drove out that way last night, but think we caught you out to dinner. Sorry we missed you. Ask me about the lady with the 4 yorkies when we see you on the 17th!

Cheers,

Carol
Sorry we missed you, we were out (to Mexico) with Faye and Eugene.

Be interested in your 4 Yorkie story. We think we know who you mean, the trailer that explodes with barking any time we go within about 100 feet?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #97
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Coujld be, they were out walking them, please tell me it ain't a Montana trailer? G> Have you met them???

Carol

How was Mexico??
Old 02-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #98
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
No, we have not met them, they live in a motor home. We try to walk the other way. Anyway, you can sleep peacefully, it is not a Montana. Mexico was very busy. I have never seen so many dentists, pharmacists, and barbers in two blocks in all my life. Worth a trip just to see. We parked on the Texas side ($1) and walked over the bridge $.25 there and $.30 back. We bought a few little things. Alcohol seemed cheap as was vanilla extract. I guess this a bit off topic and this thread must already be setting some kind of record for longevity and length.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #99
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, I am sure glad they were not Montana folks, I could not imagine they were, Montana folks are a friendly lot, that tells how well our encounter with them went, doesn't it??

Where did you go over to Mexico?? Hopefully next week Al and I will feel up to a trip over at Progreso, we really enjoy that. Specially the FOOD! Oh, and the other stuff too.

Long threads are a good thing! Don't you think??

Carol

Remember, now, see ya all on the 17th, don't forget your little slips of paper for your MC, name, real name, MOC name, home town. Help me out here people!

OK, now we are back on topic!>G>G>
Old 02-10-2005, 06:20 AM   #100
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We're in the same park, 255.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote