Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2016, 06:05 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My dealer experience

So we blew another holding tank on our 5K miles plus summer road trip.
We lost one wing of our batwing somewhere between Shawnee, Ok and Amarillo, Tx
The clear plastic part of the screen door came part and the black handle broke.

We took in to our local dealer Moore's RV in North Ridgeville, Ohio they are Keystone dealer among others but do not handle Montana's. They have no problem taking in our Montana'

We took it to the dealer Wednesday August 17th at 9AM. We went over the repair list with the service manager he looked at each item at the RV and we agreed that we understood what had to be done.
There were no bays open at that time so we dropped it and went to Breakfast.

Returned today Saturday August 20 at 11AM.The dealer is less than 10 mins from our driveway. The Montana was in a bay. The bat wing antenna had been replaced. They "fixed" the screen door.He showed me the cost of ordering the parts , shipping etc and knew I would not go for that. He also knew we were going to Goshen and would be better off finding a replacement there for much less. I agreed.

The gray tank had split at the top seam were the two parts of the tank are glued together(no surprise there) you could reach up and put your hand in the tank. They got the numbers and will order the tank Monday.Last tank took 2 week to get here.

One other item was on me. After installing the Trailersaver BD3 Hitch there was not enough clearance between the truck rails and the nose of the Montana. They lowered to hitch to the bottom holes which will raise the nose up.It had been completed.

So everything was addressed in 3 days and all repaires completed except the tank that is on order.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote