Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #1
Bulldog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22842
Location of the Vacuum Breaker/Check Valve

Can someone tell me where the vacuum breaker is located in a 2011 3400RL. It's not under the bathroom sink and I can't find a trap door in the wall of the pantry which is behind the shower wall. I really don't want to start cutting holes looking for it, if I can help it. Appreciate any help.

I tried using the black tank cleaning sprayer and there was water leaking under the trailer and I couldn't hear it spraying on the walls of the black tank.

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Take one of your basement wall panels down, and see if you can see where they put it. The water line from the tank and the line from the convenience center should go up the same hole.

Mark
Old 12-12-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Our rig is similar to yours and the valve is between the shower wall and the back wall of the pantry on ours. We have a pocket door at the steps going up to the bath/bed area and I have seen the valve by closing the pocket door and looking past the door into the space between the shower and cabinet. If I ever needed to replace the valve, I would have to cut an access hole into the back of the pantry, and then cover the hole when done with the valve.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Different model, but ours is also between the shower wall and the entry closet/pantry where the pocket door opens. I found the location by looking in the basement under the shower and seeing 4 water pipes going up to the shower. Since the shower only needs 2 pipes, that was a pretty good indication the other 2 were the flush valve.
The back wall of my entry closet does have a square opening with a plastic cover on the back wall. But neither the valve nor the shower faucet was behind it. But leaning in and looking down I could see the flush valve down and to the left. Had to cut a new opening.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote