Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2019, 06:56 AM   #21
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Are these things tax deductions in a S&B you own.
Nope I don't pay any fee. on my S&B

Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:11 AM   #22
chulavista
Established Member

M.O.C. #25440
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
Never had an HOA and don't plan to EVER have one. No way will I let someone else tell me what I can and can not do with my own property.

Our plan is to sell the S&B here in the high tax state of MD and move to somewhere like Tennessee/Alabama ? and buy for cash where Property taxes are ridiculously low ($500 a year) compared to here at 4k per year.

The problem we are having is we don't want to be too hot or too cold.

Cost of living in many other states is MUCH lower than where we live now.
I live in rural southeastern AZ, own a S&B on 6 acres. It will be our home base, and we love it there. As far as maintenance and upkeep, if we don't do it there, it don't get done. We also have a 1 acre family piece of land with a small home on it, in the north eastern part of the state - the 'cool country', we can and do use in the heat of the summer. Again, if we don't do it, it don't get done. Just paid our yearly property taxes on both places - less than $600 for it all. We pay that price happily for absolutely no one to tell us what we can and can't do to our place, what color we can paint our house, etc. And the up side, the maintenance is a great form of physical and mental exercise. We don't plan to full time, we have neighbors in both places. We trade off - "I watch your place, you watch mine" kind of thing. There is always give and take with any process or method you choose, and there is no wrong or right way to do it. We actually really enjoy fussing in the yard or the vegetable garden, raking, whatever we need to do. It's very relaxing.
Retirement May 31 2020
chulavista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:12 PM   #23
Caniel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21610
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Where we live in the Roanoke valley in SW Va. you can buy a nice home for $800 a month. We might, probably will get some snow this winter. We gave 3 large hospitals. One employees 14,000 people a VA hospital that sets on over 100 acres of land, and a doctor college. We set right in the Blueridge Mountains with the Blueridge Parkway running right through the valley. We have everything you are probably looking for except high prices or high taxes so why rent.
Lynwood

Please don’t tell anyone we are trying to keep it a secret.
Cats out of the bag now!

Caniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #24
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniel View Post
Cats out of the bag now!
No I only tell a few close friends.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote