Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #21
Kid1956
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Gardnerville
Posts: 37
M.O.C. #22775
dfb, just saw on tv this a.m. RV Country in Laughlin is having a 2019 Montana sale... 73k msrp is 57k now.. maybe , u could just go quietly trade your lemon in, for a new one,, with the 'layout yo really wanted' ... lol
__________________
2007 GMC 2500 LBZ Duramax EX-LB
2003 2880RL
Kid1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #22
Carl n Susan
Site Team
 
Carl n Susan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carmichael - CA
Posts: 4,000
M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
How did you fix it? Right now i stuck toothpix in the holes to give the screws some bite..thanks
There are very few new problems listed here on the MOC. Usually a Search will find fixes others have tried.

The door struts have been a problem for a long time. I thought newer models had glue in addition to the screws holding the plate from the door. A quick Search using keywords "door strut screws" returned a number of posts with the problem and solutions. Try looking at:
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...strut,brackets
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65688
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49205
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50447
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...p/t-53955.html
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...p/t-37928.html

I am sure varying the keywords would find even more matches.
__________________
Carl (n Susan) Youngren
There is more to life than fuel mileage.
2012 Montana 3700RL Big Sky Package towed by a 2015 Ford F350 6.7L PSD 4WD CC LWB

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #23
dfb
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gardnerville
Posts: 691
M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl n susan View Post
There are very few new problems listed here on the MOC. Usually a Search will find fixes others have tried.

The door struts have been a problem for a long time. I thought newer models had glue in addition to the screws holding the plate from the door. A quick Search using keywords "door strut screws" returned a number of posts with the problem and solutions. Try looking at:
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...strut,brackets
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65688
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=49205
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50447
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...p/t-53955.html
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...p/t-37928.html

I am sure varying the keywords would find even more matches.
Thanks! I feel better.. the repairs here are a big help!! Carl and Susan,,,,thank you! And those who have helped and gave great advice... very appreciated...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #24
dfb
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gardnerville
Posts: 691
M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid1956 View Post
dfb, just saw on tv this a.m. RV Country in Laughlin is having a 2019 Montana sale... 73k msrp is 57k now.. maybe , u could just go quietly trade your lemon in, for a new one,, with the 'layout yo really wanted' ... lol
Thank you,,, looks like a road trip...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #25
dfb
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gardnerville
Posts: 691
M.O.C. #17163
I wonder on the cargo door repair if one could. Remove the struts totally. Fold the cargo all the way up and latch it? No need for glue, dowels, etc..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #26
dhuhn
Montana Fan
 
dhuhn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Sequim
Posts: 181
M.O.C. #17176
Send a message via MSN to dhuhn
I know on some of the newer models if they don't have a slide above the cargo door, it opens all the way and is held by a magnet I believe. mine all have struts on them.
__________________

Dan & Sandy Huhn
2016 Montana 3720 2015 Chevy 3500 SWD Duro Max
Prev 2012 High Country 313RE 2012 Chevy 2500 DMax
dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:17 PM   #27
rohrmann
Montana Master
 
rohrmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Box Elder
Posts: 2,802
M.O.C. #12947
I posted the repair I made to my cargo door strut plates that came loose back in 2013, and the repair has not loosened since then. http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...18061#poststop
__________________
Bob & Becky
2012 3402RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD D/A CC 4WD
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:21 PM   #28
Jimmer
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Eureka
Posts: 262
M.O.C. #14208
Montana Repairs

To fix the basement door screws stripping out. I put a metal plate on the door and then drilled the holes in the plate and attached the shock to the metal plate.
As far as problems with my Montana I also have had numerous little things go wrong with mine. I am coming off a 2 month trip and this trip I had to replace the electric motor for the bedroom slide. had to reseal one of the pipes in the basement, water was filling up the belly pan, my 12 volt adapter in the basement worked loose and shorted out and blowing a fuse, easy fix. My black tank siphon valve under the vanity is leaking. Replaced the bulb in the clearance lights. Other than that it was a good trip. I really do like my Montana.

Jim Bonhote
2014 Montana 3582RL, 2015 Ford F350 Platinum, 4X4 SWB.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:16 AM   #29
dfb
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gardnerville
Posts: 691
M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
I posted the repair I made to my cargo door strut plates that came loose back in 2013, and the repair has not loosened since then. http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...18061#poststop
You did a great job on the repair!. Thank you for sharing. I may go this way..
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×