Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2017, 12:17 PM   #21
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
When we took our corian top off we have a desk where a chair slides in and took the side of cabinet apart by that chair and took out the fireplace to get to the lift to unbolt it from the corian top. And you are right I think every unit is installed different. Hope its just the fuse. Keep us posted.

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:02 PM   #22
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Phil,

Your best bet is to remove the fireplace then. That will at least get you access to the bottom of the lift.

Jim Fischer has the same model and year you have, may it would be a good idea to PM him. He keeps his Monty next to his house, so he can take picture and send them to you.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #23
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi all

Update on TV lift.

I was able to get the lift up about 6 inches and what I have found is Keystone did use the plywood but it is cut to a size that I am unable to see it thru the holes I have cut in the wall between the sound system and the TV / lift cabinet. The top Corian top is glued to the wood then the wood is fastened to the lift with 5 screws that would be impossible to remove with the TV down in the cabinet.

This is a deliberate as you can get and defiantly makes it imposable to remove the TV and lift when the TV is stuck in the down position.

I am waiting for a friend to come over and help me lift the TV out of the counter so I can remove the lift.

When I get the new lift I will make sure I can get support from all manufactures involved in the components to make the lift before I install it.

What has gone on here is the same kind of extortion the generator manufactures except for the one that doesn’t do this when you need support for your stand by generator and they want thousands of dollars to come to you and tell how much it may cost to repair it. Starting with Keystones refusal or inability to provide me information from the build ticket to Linaks refusal to provide me with the pin out information that would allow me to extend the lift tower enough to gain access.

Phil P

PS: the fuse let me run it up enough before it poped.
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #24
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
I agree, you need to remove the fireplace. 1 screw in each corner take all 4 screws out and it lifts right out. Then you can work directly on the lift.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #25
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

All but the very bottom of the lift is behind the TV and all 5 of the screws that hold the Corian top on are behind the TV and at the very top of the TV. The there is a substantial bracket about 2/3 up from the bottom that fasten to the back wall of the cabinet. There is no way to do anything with the unit thru the hole after the fire place is removed. You must be able to take the top Corian off to access the unit or TV when the TV is fully retracted.

I have also determined this unit was used for foe something before we purchased it or there was some kind of appliance on the floor below the sound system that has been removed. When I started clearing out the wires for the sound system so I could cut the access holes. I removed the sub woofer speaker and behind it were a power cord and a cord with what looks like a IR receiver for a remote that went to a box behind the TV that was a switching unit again by Linak that apparently switched power between 2 units with the remote for the TV lift system. We did not receive a remote for the TV lift.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Phil P
Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 AM   #26
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272

[/quote]Hi

CUT.....I spent a large part of the weekend making this unit usable so the couple that had it could try to enjoy the weekend. The kitchen sink was not plumed to hot water both faucets were plumed in to the cold water system, the shower didn’t flow proper hot water, the generator didn’t function etc. They and my wife and I had arrived at the RV Park a day early because we like to get all setup for these events early so the Thor product support department was open where we could get them on the phone. The customer support agent was not familiar with the Thor coach and was just reading thru a list of questions and instructions that didn’t really address the problem.

I think you get the idea I will NEVER own another Thor Product’

Phil P

[/quote]

Your experience, or your friend's experience calling Thor Motor coach customer service was certainly different than mine. Are you sure you folks called the right place (Wakarusa IN 877/855-2867)?

While sitting in front of my convenience center after having taken everything apart I got them on the phone for advise. Within a couple minutes I had a detailed plumbing drawing emailed to my phone plus the tech at customer service could answer all my questions.

Sounds like your friends failed to do a proper PDI on their new unit, or as with many brand new RV's of any makes there will be some bugs to work out. I have only owned three RV's, one used Montana, one new Montana, and now one used Thor Class A. The only one that gave me any problem and the only one that had to be taken back to the dealer numerous times was the new Montana.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #27
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

We called the phone number had in the paperwork for Thor Customer Support.

What we got was a person that acted like they have never set foot in one of these units and was no help at all.

The owner’s manual covered all Thor built MH. It was of no use for this unit.

As for the generator not being serviced that is the dealers fault but then the new owner said the dealer didn’t seem to know anything about the unit either.

Now for some reason Forunco has moved this topic to Have Moc will travel/let us entertain you.

I guess they think this mess Keystone has made is funny.

Sorry but I don’t fine this funny at all.

Phil P
Old 02-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #28
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

For you all that keep saying remove the fire place and you can access the TV lift. See picture 1 you can access the base of the lift only.

Look at picture 2 how would you access that large bracket about half way up from the fire place opening.

Picture 3 the red circles are where the five screws were located that held the Corian top also unable to reach the center on even after cutting access holes in the wall between the entertainment center and the TV cabinet.

I was able to repair the controller using a replacement fuse and replacing one component on the fuse circuit board.

Picture 4 is a hanger bolt it has wood screw threads on one end and machine bolt threads on the other end. Picture 5 is the hanger bolt installed in the wood glued to the Corian top.

Picture 6 shows the wing nuts used to hold the Corian top to the TV mounting bracket.

Picture 7 is the finished product.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #29
RoadKill Bill

M.O.C. #20008
LCI TV Lift Stopped Working

We have owned our 2010 Montana Hickory 3665RE less than 6 months, and we just started full-timing. Still shaking out all the features. We have the LCI TV Lift system behind the electric fireplace. The remote just stopped working a few days ago. I replaced the batteries (one of which was very old and had some leakage, but cleaned that up). The remote still doesn't work with the new batteries. Is there something else I should look at? Maybe a fuse in the receiver on the wall behind the lift? Looks like there might be a light on the receiver, but it isn't lit. Thanks for any insights!
Old 08-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #30
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

Ours is not the Hickory edition ours is the Anniversary edition.

As I have stated before no 2 are alike the lift system for ours is the Linak system. Linak doesn’t build the system just the electronics and the lift all of the brackets and attaching units are fabricated by the company that supplied the unit to Keystone. Now Keystone will not provide you with information from the build sheet.

We never received a remote for the lift I don’t remember if I even put the electric eye back in the system. Ours has a push button switch mounted just inside the cabinet to the right of the TV pushing the correct button makes it come up and then the other button retracts it.

I don’t recall there being a light on the receiver.

Phil P