Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
jgavin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10361
Send a message via MSN to jgavin Send a message via Skype™ to jgavin
Horst Miracle Probes Installation Issues?

Has anyone installed the Horst Miracle Probes on a Montana 2010 or later? I read message threads from 2009, but then there was nothing after that.

I was wondering about any installation issues and being able to get to the probes for an install.

I ordered a set of them this morning for the black and both gray water tanks.

Thoughts anyone?

Joe & Penny Gavin
Montana 2010 3665
Silverado 2007 DuraMax/Allison

jgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I am interested in hearing the replies to this one also. Have been considering these probes also.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Hi Joe,

I put another post out there too. I got your email, and started researching them. Let me know how it goes, I got the same model and year you have.

Since we normally don't have full hookups were we camp, it would be nice to know what the real tank level is.

7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
There is another Topic on these, here is what I wrote.

I installed the Horst Miracle Prodes two years ago. They work better than the old sensors. They were not that hard to install. You need to remove the cover under the tanks. You loosen the old one and push them into the tank, then install the new ones. We still will get a fause reading, but not that often. We do alot of camping in State Parks with the Grands and it's good to know the levels when not connected to the sewer.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
I had them in my 2005 Montana and plan to put them in this one. When we took the factory tour I paid attention to the tank layout so I knew where to drop the belly( at the point where the sewer line enters the belly) Loved them in the old unit.
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I have had several opportunities to drop the belly pan on our rig. On ours it is several panels, but on the newer rigs it is a single panel for the entire belly. It can be a very large pain to do but after doing mine I decided to go with the See Level gauge system from Garnet. For the fresh water, black water, gray water, galley tank, with water heater and pump switch panel it runs around 350 at most RV shows. while at Q the Garnet rep volunteered to install it for free if I would drop the belly pan. Had I not been parked on top of a field of golf ball sized rocks I would have taken him up on it. The sensors for this system stick to the outside of the tanks and run off one wire and ground system instead of 4 wire system. So you don't need to run any wires as you already have 4 wires for each tank already in place. They read density through the wall of the tank and a little sludge there has virtually no effect on the readings. They also read in 1/8 increments so you get a better idea of exactly how much is in the tank. The sensors are small circuit boards about an inch wide and 16 inches long, following the instructions you cut them down to their length to the height of your tank and peel and stick them to the side of the tank. The hardest part of the job is dropping the belly pan... The model for our 5th wheels should be the 709-4PH which gives you 4 tank sensors, fresh, galley, black, gray, the switch for the water heater and the pump switch. The control panel will replace the OEM panel in the rig.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #7
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
On drop frame rigs like ours, you start where the pipe exits the drop that way you don't need to drop the whole thing.
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote