Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #21
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
We have had them since we bought the trailer in 03. They work great. Lubricate the threads occasionally especially before storage.

wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
I have one that I don't use. It didn't play well with the JT strongarm system. Anybody want to make me an offer on it?
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MuddyPaws

I have one that I don't use. It didn't play well with the JT strongarm system. Anybody want to make me an offer on it?
I have the JT's also and they work fine with the leveler. The JT's on that side just went in the fourth hole in the leg and the leveler went in the third hole. Works fine!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've been using one of those for 10 or 15 years and won't be without it. I don't have to shim one side to keep from putting a twist on the frame. When breaking camp I just rotate it back to the top position. It has never moved on the road.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #25
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Sorry I took so long, Bingo... I missed your point regarding my use of "granularity". Merriam-Websters lists that one of the definitions of "granularity" is "finely detailed". The way I used it I refer that my height adjustements can be done in 1/2 increments which has a finer granularity than a 1" increments provided by the leveler described by the original post. Other members have posted they have different thicknesses of wood, levelers etc. for doing the same thing. Granularity in this case refers to the adjustments in the height of the levelers or in my case 1/2" increments of granularity versus 1" granularity.

I 'spect that the persons that have Barker levelers prevents having to cart around wood or other levelers and this provides a granularity of 1" adjustments because the holes in the Barkers are at 1" increments.

I jes' nebber know when you are jes' joshin' wit me. I rectum you'll be able to finger this out now cuz of my explanashum ... But I real tarred now and gotta git some res' cuz you jes' plum wore me out making my braim think so much.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 AM   #26
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I think some of you are missing the true use the these adjusters. The standard legs only have a 1" adjustment between holes. This device is use to fine tune the legs so that they both hit the ground at the very same time. I previously to use a piece of 1/2" plywood, this elminates that and is more adjustable.

When I get ready to unhitch I first place a block down for both legs, then drop the fixed leg down till it just starts to hit the pad, then I drop the other leg down and spin the foot down until it just starts to hit the pad.

I might not really need this, but heck it is was cool. I got mine in Quartzite a couple of years ago.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote