Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Ken Ralston
Established Member

M.O.C. #10932
TV Antenna And Radio

I have a 2006 and can not get any stations on my TV with antenna. I have a DVD player with am and fm and it says it is digital but who knows but can recieve very close radio stations but not distant. I bought an antenna for the DVD that should pick up stations but didn't make a difference. Some SOB have an antenna mounted to the top od the camper for radio plus the tv antenna. Can anyone tell me what I need to upgrade these problems.

Ken Ralston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I might be able to help with the TV, but not the radio.

First, if you are using the antenna for reception make sure the Booster is ON. Before the digital TV airwave days, this was a must. Then depending where you are, there might not be any TV stations that can be picked up.

The second thing is that all stations now broadcast digital (not analog) signals and if your 2006 is like my 2006 you probably need a digital decoder box in the mix. Since I use a Satellite service I don't even bother with over-the-air any more, but hopefully these couple of suggestions might help.

Of course, I haven't covered any wiring or TV menu setups since I'm assuming those are set up correctly.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
FM is in the TV spectrum, between the old Channel 3 and 4 if I remember correctly, therefore if you connect a lead to your DVD from your antenna coax, FM should come booming in.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
One other thing is that there is a little jumper cable on my rig that has to be moved from one coax outlet to the other to switch back and forth between satellite tv and on air. If someone owned your rig before you, and yours is like mine, and used satellite that could be the issue.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
To expend on Art's comment the Antenna amplifier needs to be on (green light in bedroom) should be on for outside antenna reception for both the TV and the stereo. My cabling has a splitter in the entertainment center and the tv signal is split to the TV and DVD radio receiver.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Ken Ralston
Established Member

M.O.C. #10932
Ok don't need to change antenna but will probably need a digital box for tv (I thought maybe the DVD being digital might have taken care of that) and for Radio tie a cable fron tv antenna to the FM radio side of the DVD box Thanks I will give that a try. And thanks DQ I have a seperate antenna wire for the sat and I have had it all hooked up with cable and sat when i shut off the sat the cable from the park came in. I have speakers behind on the table slide that evidently are not hooked up but the wones in the bed room work off the dvd and the one's above the tv work with the dvd. Thanks all for the help maybe when we get out to AZ in Jan you guys will be around to help me figure this thing out.
Ken Ralston is offline   Reply With Quote