Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2007, 03:12 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
What to see and do at Disney World?

Disney World, here we come. We may never be the same after trying to keep up with the grandkids for a week at Disney World. Phew! Tires me out just to think about it. This is a special week for us as we will have all three grandchildren together which is a rare occurrence. So we want to hit all the high spots and spend our time wisely.

Any suggestions from you experienced Disney travelers? The grandkids are 7, 9, and 10. We are excited!

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Judy,
You'll have a blast and go home worn to a frazzle, but it'll be a great experience. It's been so long since we have been there I wouldn't have any idea what to see but I bet Dave & Cheryl will have some good ideas. Have a great time.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Charlie. I know we'll have a good time, for sure. Sounds like you need to put it on your itinerary.

I'm looking forward to Dave and Cheryl suggestions. They're the pros!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #4
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Judy, we are on our way there now, currently in Montgomery AL.,a lot of rain last night and this morning so we are going to spend another night here. We have reservations at Fort Wilderness for Dec 1-6 and are also meeting daughter and 4 grandchildren. We are really looking foward to it.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Should you do the MGM Park go to the Honey I Shrunk The Kids venue. It will get you off your feet and you'll leave laughing!
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Oh Judy, I'm tired just thinking about it....My Grandson is coming to Disney on the 8th but he is bringing his wife so we'll let them do their own thing... For you though, I would say that Disney World and Sea World should be at the top of your list.... I have heard that there is a new theme park at Cyprus Gardens too but I haven't been there so can't say for sure... Disney Village is a lot of fun.... And of course you are not far from the Kennedy Space Center although they might be a tad young for that.... ENJOY.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
I would highly recommend taking in the Candleight Processional at Epcot Center and the Display of Holiday Lights at MGM studios -- Also get tickets for the Very Merry XMAS Party at Magic Kingdom (Its a seperate pay - but very much worth it)

My wife & I have done XMAS at Disney World a couple of times over the past 10 years

For many years -- Disney was my "second home", sometimes heading there 3-4 times per year - but agian that's when travel was cheap !
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Everything in the Epcot center was of interest to us. Of course the kids wanted to do Fantasy World with its rides, etc., but Epcot was superb. As I understand it, Epcot has expanded and is even better.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Judy,
Email me at jholroyd@mindspring.com and I will send you our recommendations and my cell phone number. Tom and I are working part time at Disney and are very familiar with all the parks. Yes the Candelight Processional at Epcot is a must, Also the Osborne's Christmas Light Spectacular at MGM. Dave & Cheryl are also working at Disney. Be sure to call ahead 407- WDW-DINE for any dinner reservations as restaurants fill fast this time of year. Highly reccommend the SciFi Dinner Theatre and Brown Derby at MGM. We tried the new Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom last week with friends and the food was also wonderful. At Magic Kingdom we recommend Tony's Restaurant on Main Street. Good Italian food. Our favorites at Epcot are The Cellier Steakhouse at Canada and the Chefs De Paris at the French Pavilion. When you arrive at Epcot be sure to hit Soarin at the Land Pavilion early or at least grab a fast pass. Fast Passes are usually gone by 10:30am. Everything at Disney is first class and we truly enjoy all the parks even after visiting all of them several times as we lived in South FL when our kids were growing up. Where are you all staying? Will be waiting for your email.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Joyce, we are staying at Tropical Palms Resort. Don't know anything about it but we should be fine. Glad to hear that you're well enough to be working. Email on the way.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Hope we can get the most out of our time there.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #11
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Such fun Judy!! The kids probably have ideas also of what they want to see. Have a great time..
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Hi Judy, Long time since I talked to you. We will be in FL if all goes well on Wed. Dec Th. How long will you be there? Would love to see you. We will be at Lake Rousseau for the Th year and will be there until April ST. It is REALLY cold here (in Northern Mich) and we have snow. it has already been down to single digits at night and I can't wait to get on the road on Fri.
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #13
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
will be there Wed. Dec. 5th and this is our 4th year there, guess I can't type tonight!!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, we are arriving on Dec. 2nd for a week. How far are you from Disney?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #15
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Hey, Judy! Just got on and saw your post. Many good recommendations above. I am working as Park Greeter at Epcot. Cheryl is working as a hostess (Seater) and a waitress (Server) at Port Orleans' Boatwrights Rest.

Judy, I started to type everything in, then changed my mind - too much stuff. Email me and we will give you more specific info. For now I will say in general that you need to have park hoppers and you need to limit yourself to 2 (of the four) parks per day. Also, schedule a break in the middle of the day to try to rest. You will not make it for 12-15 hours on your feet. If you could get a nap in the middle of the day that REALLY helps.

You will not be able to see everything - unless you have a 10 day pass for everyone. I need to know where you are staying and specific attraction/rides likes and dislikes. When you email me I can also give you my phone number. I can give you park by park recommendations that the grandkids - and you and Glen - will enjoy.

I was also going to recommend Joyce and Tom Holroyd, but I see they beat me on here...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:52 PM   #16
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Judy we are about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs from there, let the kids go to the park and come on over - Glen can go fishing with Roger and we can just relax!!!! I'm sure you can get away with that-----RIGHT!!! Have a good time, its been a long time since we have been at Disney World (1978) and I would love to go but hubby just can't do all the walking anymore.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 AM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Oh, my, Disney World would never be the same if we let these 3 loose on the park. Actually, they're a little young but they'd probably love it. And Glen would love the fishing.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #18
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Don't miss Sea World, also Dolly Parton's dinner show (make reservations) have a ball.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote