Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
No 12v

Today I discovered that the two 12v lamps in the entertainment slide out do not work. Looked under the slide and the flex arm is broken. Thanks to this forum I know how to fix that. But I cannot find any damage to wires. All fuses are normal. I understand that no schematics are available. Any suggestions are welcome. Darn the warranty expired last month.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
After posting the above went out and started following wires. It did not take long to find a crimped connector that was corroded and the wire had broken. All fixed lights work. There were about 6-7 wires all connected in that area. Bad news it will happen again as that is where water will collect when driving in rain. Will work on that another day. Now to fix the broken arm.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
rlwhit,
Sure glad that we could help you fix your light problem. =) Actually glad to hear you were able to find and fix the problem. Nothing more upsetting than finding a problem after ones warranty runs out.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Good fix Dick,

We had the same problem with the range hood and light over the counter in our new 2980. Our wire didn't seem corroded but seem like there was no bare wire inside the connector. It easily pulled apart when I found it.
But you are right, I don't like the Idea of road water getting to them. I wrapped them all up very well with Electrical tape.
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
It seems like I've seen a small plastic box that goes over the wiring and connectors and has a silicon (or something) gel in it to make it water tight. I'm not sure if it's a permanent container or if you can get into it if you need to once it's installed.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:31 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dick,
Glad you found and fixed the problem so quickly. Sounds as if Keystone needs to look at how that stuff works under there. I'll bet there's a simple inexpensive fix for some of these things. See you soon.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote