Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
gr8330
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11715
Problem when logging back in

When I'm reading a topic and have to leave the forum and I return I don't get the whole site again. All I get is a small sample of some threads that have new posts. I was reading a very informative thread that was three pages long and had to leave the forum after reading two pages. When I returned I couldn't get to the thread again. Why do you block access to the forum?

gr8330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Mike,
We are NOT blocking anything! If you are not seeing what you want then you have a couple of choices. When you click on the ACTIVE TOPICS link you are taken to the posts that have been made since your last visit. If you want to go back further then choose how far you want to go back by clicking on the little window just above the the topics that have shown up. The window will present you with a choice of how far you want to go back. From the last 15 minutes to a whole year or so. Just choose whatever you think will get you back to the topic you want to see.

Of if you know which category your thread of interest is located in then just page down until you see the category and then click on it. Once it opens just find the Topic you are interested in. If you need further assistance I'm sure someone will step forward to help or just drop a note to me and I'll try to help. Thanks, RVWheels.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
gr8330
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11715
Thank you for the response. I did see that and did click on a time frame but of coarse it wasn't correct but after clicking a few times I did find some of the topics I wanted. I guess my question is why do we have to do this? Why not just leave the forum open?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
gr8330
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11715
Let me add this is one if not the best site that I have come across when it come to RV's. Thank you all
Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
gr8330,
I guess I'm not understanding what it is you mean by "open". You can read any post you want. Don't click on the ACTIVE TOPICS just start down the page. Click on any CATEGORY you want. When it opens read ANY topic and post that you want. How you choose to use the Forum is up to you. If you want you can SUBSCRIBE to various posts and or topics. This should let you know when something happens in the Topic. We have found, however, that sometimes the process does not work. But you can give it a try.

Thank you for the kind words about the Forum.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Mike,

I am going to guess an answer to your question on why not leave it open.

First, it really is open, it just TIMES out, sorta. That is not the best description of what happens, but, it is the best one I am coming up with at the moment.

This is a great forum, as you are learning, we are so glad to have you here, next, because it is so great, it is kinda a busy forum, LOTS of posts and responses.

If, we left all the posts up all the time and did not hide them behind a clock/time out thingy, the pages would be so long you could not find anything anyway. Ya, we all like to chat and contribute!

I use that drop down arrow quite a bit, and will open it to 2 hours, and if I don't find what I am looking for, I just go back up there, flip open that arrow thingy again and look for a longer time frame, 6 hours, 12 hours, etc.

There is a search function on the forum, but, sometimes it gets pretty silly and persnickity, and frustrates all of us. But, you could try it if you are in the mood (not suggested to try this when you are tired, late at night, wanna know why I say that??? Been there, done that! LOL)

Here is something else you can try, with no guarantees it will work. Save the URL of the specific thread you are reading. COPY/PASTE it to a word processing document, or a sticky note, or a Note Pad note, or something. Do not sign OUT of the forum when you have to leave for a few hours. (In fact, I NEVER sign out) Just close the browser.

Now, when you have time to finish reading where you left off, either Paste that URL back into your browser or if it appears it may be a hot link, click on it and see if it will bring you right back to where you left off.

Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you. Safe rides.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:26 AM   #7
gr8330
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11715
Thanks all for the help