Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived - Forum Information and Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Wrong Display Screen

Several times over the last 3 days - I have selected to view the last message page/post (on a multi page topic) and receive a message reply screen instead of the message posts?

steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I too, have experienced this, and it has been prior to the last three days as well. I usually attributed it to user error, but now it seems that it may be forum related.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Same here and just this morning I have had two replies time out.

At my daughter's we are connected to the Net using DSL. For everything but this forum the connections are FAST. This forum has been loading more like a 28,400 dial-up and frequently timing out.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Believe these are what I have been experiencing, report same to Forumco Support. ???

Forumco Support was/is working on the search functions, always something to keep him/her busy!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
Forumco Support
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1682
Its the new search feature.
Forumco Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Forumco Support
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1682
Screenshots of the problem would help.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Sorry I didn't get a screenshot but the same thing happened to me. Tried calling up the last post in the thread about Fuel and how it will effect us...... All that came up was the normal top of the page and a reply window! No posts whatsoever! Tried again a few minutes later and all was back to normal.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
Forumco Support
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1682
I'm going to do some more work on the forum over the next few days. Whats the best off peak time in GMT for everyone ? 6AM ?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #9
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just to report my experience, which is not to discount the problems others have experienced: the MOC forum has been working perfectly and actually very fast in response for the past several weeks. I can't account for the difference, but the fact is unmistakable. I am on another forum (daily or more often, just as I am on this one) and I have been impressed by how much more quickly I get response on the MOC.

That's just the way it's been for me.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
The time frame with the least activity would probably be about 07:00 or 08:00 to about 10:00 or 11:00 Universal Time Coordinate.

Thanks for looking into this. I would also have to agree with Padredw. As a rule the Forum has been working much faster an seems to be more stable.

RVWheels
Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
It happened again so I copied it and pasted it below.

RVWheels

All Forums
GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
Tow Vehicles & Towing
Diesel prices New Topic Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
Send Topic to a Friend
Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
New Topic Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic
Send Topic to a Friend
Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Quick Reply
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Include Signature

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 30.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Powered by ForumCo 2000-2005
Old 06-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #12
Forumco Support
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1682
I think it only happens when the full text search (the new one) is being incrementally populated. There is only a need for archives to be populated once every week at the most.

What would be the maximum amount of time you would leave before new topics appeared in a search ? 2 hours? 4 hours ? a day? more ?

I just experienced it now myself. Its definitely the new search. It happens just after the hour when the population kicks in. After the population is done the forum returns to normal.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:46 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
well, that explains why it always happened to me at 5 after the hour!

Time for new search?? no need for at least 24 hours in my book, we have that pull down tab we can use to go back 2 hours, 12 hours, yesterday, etc. That would cover at least the first 24 hours. Once a day would be more than enough for me.

thanks for working on it!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #14
Forumco Support
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1682
I've changed it so that archives are re-indexed every Sunday at 12am EST and new topics are indexed every six hours starting at 12am EST. This forum is currently 1 hour ahead of the server time.

If you encounter an error its important to post the exact time it occurred.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #15
Forumco Support
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1682
The new search is active here now from the search link on the top right.

If you encounter problems the old search is available at search2.asp
Old 06-21-2008, 01:51 AM   #16
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Same problem 6/21 @ 7:52 AM

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
steves

All Forums
GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
Tow Vehicles & Towing
Price of Fuel and its effect on you New Topic Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic
Send Topic to a Friend
Printer Friendly

Author Topic
Topic

New Topic Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic
Send Topic to a Friend
Printer Friendly Jump To: Select Forum Mission Statement & important MOC forum Info Admin Announcements & General MOC Info MERCHANDISE ala MOC MOC Merchandise NEW MOC-ers REALM *New Members Corner* Announcing New Memberships Stats and Facts ANNOUNCEMENTS Announcements from our Members Introduce Yourselves Members GENERAL DISCUSSIONS General Discussions about our Montanas Polls Long Timers Tow Vehicles & Towing Full Timing in your Montana Workamping Boon-docking Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is! Sitting around the Campfire Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping Insurance S O B MOC on M.A.R.S. Maintenance Additions & Improvements Repairs & Service It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it! Montana Technical Help, Problems & Problem Solving HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL Information on MOCTAP Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal Navigation The Campsite Internet & Cell Phones On the Road Again Who, Where & When? Was that You??? Pet Palace Let Us Entertain You The Medic Campgrounds MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP MOC Geek Squad Forum Information and Help Practice HOBBY CENTRAL Hamming it Up & RC Toys for Big Girls & Boys Geocaching Arts & Crafts GIRLS gone MOC What's cooking? MOC Gals General Discussions Gal's RV Concerns House Keeping Gal's Additions & Improvements Let's get Physical Particularly Gal's Hobbies & Crafts Girls Gone MOC Get Togethers or Camping Events Hey Keystone, Girls Gone MOC desires ANNUAL MOC RALLIES ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN SPRING RALLY 2008 ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN FALL RALLY 2008 PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES 2004 First ANNUAL MOC RALLY 2005 Second MOC NORTH AMERICAN ANNUAL RALLY 2006 ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN SPRING RALLY ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN FALL RALLY 2006 2007 Annual Spring MOC North American Rally ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN FALL RALLY 2007 MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS RALLY CALENDAR North American MOC / Florida Region North America MOC / Central Region North American MOC / Great Lakes Region North American MOC/Northeast Region North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans North American MOC/Southeast Region North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region North America MOC / Western Region Camping Clubs within MOC 2009 Regional Rallies and Events HEY KEYSTONE! What I'd like to say if... THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE Trailers, Tow Vehicles or RV related items Wanted Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale -------------------- Home Active Topics Frequently Asked Questions Member Information Search Page
Quick Reply
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Include Signature

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com

This page was generated in 32.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000