Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
Montana_5341

M.O.C. #5341
challenger

Getting ready to trade sprinter in for a challenger. The salesman is telling us it is the same as the Montana, which we wanted to buy. I found out he can't sell the montana but can the challenger. I want to buy off of him because of his location in case of service. Are they the same?

Montana_5341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Tim, go to the Keystone website and click on the Challenger look at all the options etc, then go back to the main page and click on the Montana. It is really what makes you happy and what you are willing to spend. We looked at them all and decided on the Montana because it suited us. But if you perfer the Challenger then that is the one for you.
Click here: http://www.keystonerv.com/
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I would pay the extra to have the Montana.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wouldn't it be great if dealers and salesmen would tell it straight? Oh, this is not a dream world. In-my-0pinion, the Montana is a significant upgrade from the Challenger.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have found from my own past experience that I have bought something other than what I really wanted for whatever reason to only find out I was truly not happy with it in the long run. The Challenger is a very nice rv but, if a Montana is what you really want I would sacrafice the distance and buy from the dealer who sells them. When you look at the amount of money we spend on purchasing and using these rv's I do not want to have any second thoughts or regrets down the road.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sound counsel, Montana Sky.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Why settle for second best when you can have the best. I am sure the Challenger is a good rig but your dealer is stretching the truth a bit when he tells you that the Challenger is the same as the Montana. If he's less than truthful about comparing the two rigs do you really want to deal with him?

Montana Sky had some great advice...
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

I have found from my own past experience that I have bought something other than what I really wanted for whatever reason to only find out I was truly not happy with it in the long run. The Challenger is a very nice rv but, if a Montana is what you really want I would sacrafice the distance and buy from the dealer who sells them. When you look at the amount of money we spend on purchasing and using these rv's I do not want to have any second thoughts or regrets down the road.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #8
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
tim,

You will see by my signature that that is exactly what I have. Good looking unit, aint it? In early 2005 when my wife and I was shopping and decided to ugrade, we were looking at Montanas at a local dealer. We had purchased a 2004 Outback in May of 2004 and wanted to go better.

We would have bought a Montana if that dealer would have been more interested in selling one to us. However, April of 2005 was getting close and camping season a couple of weeks away.

So, we decided to go to the dealer that sold us the Outback. He had many good choices for us to pick from. Then by a stroke of luck we found the floor plan to a Challenger 35RLQ. The wife wanted to see one up close and personal. The dealer had one, we went and looked at it and 20 minutes later it was ours! Before that we were looking at 30 to 34 footers. If it was over 34 foot long, we were walking past it.

Moral of the story? Buy what you want and what you can afford. Gail and I don't regret buying the Challenger. It is doing us a good job.

I'd like to add, that when we were shopping we had looked at Mountaineers. We have since noticed that there are a lot of similarities between the Challengers and Mountaineers.

Besides that, I have been very fortunate to be able to do "add-ons" that has made this coach a real delite. TrailAir pin box, hydraulic landing gear, 1 piece rear stabilizers and few other goodies.

If you have any questions or would like some advice, feel free to contact me.

Oh ya', by the way. If you do buy something other than a Montana, I think you can still be in this club.

MIMF
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Look.....Compare......Consider....buy what you like as it's you that you are making happy! Remember everyone has an opinion. We will welcome you on the MOC no matter what you choose.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #10
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Our previous fifth wheel was a Challenger. We were actually looking for a new Challenger when we found our Montana. Our Challenger was basically the same floor plan that we have now, with the exception of the Oak cabinets in the Montana. I agree with the others, buy what you really like as you are the one who has to be happy with your choice.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is nothing wrong with a Challenger, It is a very good unit.There were just some things that we liked better in the Montana.We came real close to buying a Challenger but we wanted this and that and when we addded it all up it was a Montana...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote