Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #61
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As you can see by the new pic's Helen is a happy camper. The 3400 is pulled up in the driveway for moving in.There is a another 44 feet of driveway to the rear of the camper.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #62
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have an AC outlet by the bed, one over the dresser and one at the sink and of course one in the TV cupboard. Myrna is right, you have to unplug anything in the one by the bed before you pull the slide in. Our previous 5er did not have any outlets in any of the slides. When we asked about it they said it causes too many problems with the wiring and the slides. We ran a heavy duty extension cord so we could have AC at the table. Overall I was amazed at the number of AC outlets in the 3400 compared to our previous 5ers. I have always wondered the thinking behind the one by the steps leading to the bedroom. Good for a night light but what else????
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #63
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We also wondered about that outlet at the bottom of the steps..guess what we stuck in it..a night light.. Carol..your suggestions for the clock radio are noted and will be taken under consideration.Now that you mention it with Helen and I both retired(I retire again from bus driving at the end of the school year) who needs a clock radio it will just take up space that could be used to set a Brandy Alexander.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #64
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
Congratulations! What an exciting day. Glad all went well for you. Ours was "nearly perfect". We are still very pleased with our Montana. Hope you will have many years of making wonderful memories in your new Montana!
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:43 AM   #65
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Maybe the outlet by the steps is for the vacuum.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:49 AM   #66
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The vacuum would make sense as it is placed so you can reach the entire camper.Helen got the Central VAC option so we stuck a night lite there so the old guy does not fall down or up the steps at night.I figure tey removed the electrical fixture from the bedroom slide because of customer complaints about leaving things plugged in the moving slide???
Old 05-07-2006, 08:13 AM   #67
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
We also have the outlet between the bed and closet. My husband also needs to sleep with a CPAP machine. I use the outlet by the stairs for a nightlight and for plugging in the vaccuum. Maybe I missed it but what color is your interior?
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:45 PM   #68
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
Sure a nice looking picture of your truck and coach all hooked up in the driveway. Where did you get the light bars on the front bumper? I never thought about doing something like that, looks pretty neat!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #69
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I got them at a Auto supply shop they are a catalog item. Am sure you could get them any most any truck supply store.. They are not for looks they serve a purpose.I can't see where my Right front fender is and the light bar is attached to the bumper giving me a reference point. Of course we had to get two..one would look dumb...They are however ...cooool.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #70
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Do they light up on the tips? I also have the plug at the closet side of the bed, amazing at how things change on the production line without warning or reason.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:47 AM   #71
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes they have a amber running light at the very tip. Very helpful in judging where that part of your truck is.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:22 AM   #72
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thanks Rich,
I have to head over and fuel up at the Flying J here today, will keep my eyes out for them.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #73
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Rich and Helen, Congts on the new 3400, I know that you will love it. We have the A/C plug in our 3400 between the closet and the slide. We also have a very good use for the one on the stairs, we plug in our two way (marriage saver) radios, that way they are ready to go when we get to the gampground. No hand singals for us.

paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #74
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Rich and Helen,

Congrats on your new rig, I hope you are both ready to throw out that alarm clock and to start taking up that space with a camera of the sites you are going to see.

We went to visit my brother in Florida last week and visited a Montana dealer in the Fort Myers area. They had so many more models than what the dealer has here near us. They, Florida dealer, only orders their FV with the filon coatings and the dealer here near Austin only orders theirs with the gel coat. I think you ordered yours with the filon exterior. I was just curious about your opinion as to why you picked the filon over the gel coat. Also, I have heard so many different number on the actual weight when you add the gel coat. We, I guess I should say I am trying to do my homework before we buy our rig. We both agree that the 3400RL is what we want, but the question is our truck big enough to pull and stop it. The sticker in the 3400 on the lot did not weigh as much as yours did not sure if they had propane in them. It is hard comparing apples to apples sometimes.

They had the new Sapphire colors in and the new 3075 unit in. What color interior did you pick?

Glad to see that your list was taken care of and you are ready to start having fun after school lets out.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #75
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Especially the way keystone keeps chnging things up...

Driftwoodgal, the gel coat is great, but it adds about 400 lbs or so to the weight, and about $1,800 to the cost (was that close, guys?). The cost is what stopped us, in particular, but we would not have been very happy with the extra weight either, with our tow vehicle situation.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #76
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
No..the Hi Gloss gel coat adds 200LBs as per my conversation with keystone.The sticker in the door of my 3400 said 11,900 lbs.The front and rear cap are already Hi Gloss gel and we could not see spending that kind of money to gel coat the sides.Just as a experiment try to find two camper sides by side one with Hi gloss one not..step back 20 paces or so and see if you can tell the difference AND most of the folks that have the Hi gloss maintain it the same as you would the regular..did not make sense to us.. The hi gloss IS pretty and a personal choice. Dave...add this to you PDI list..check ALL screws on the cabinet doors.One of our doors just fell off the screws are stripped and we found about half of the others in the same condition.. Poor job training.I know this has been a problem but I can not find the fix on search....HELP////
Old 05-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #77
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Rich and Helen,

Congrats on the 3400. It looks really great in your driveway and I just know it will look as good as ours going down the highway!! Hope to see you on the road in the future.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #78
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Rich! Got it!

Geeze, Rich. I'm starting to feel a little guilty here, learning from your expensive discoveries. Maybe if I sent a check, I would feel better... Nope. That's not it... OK, I'm over it now. Whew!!!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #79
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I talked to my sales person about the "Gel Coat" finish, and he told me that it does weigh a lot more than the regular finish and one of his customers ordered one with it and wasn't happy with it. I compared two models side by side and you can tell a difference with the shine (high gloss), but the reason the customer complained is because he had traded in a standard Filon finish Montana for the high gloss one, and what the customer didn't like was the fact (which I seen for myself), that EVERY imperfection, like water drops, smears etc are VERY noticible. It's like having a black truck...shows everything. Next time you guys see one at a campground stand there for a second and look at them....they do show everything unless it was JUST cleaned and wiped down really good. That was enough for me not to order the high gloss gel coat. I only plan to wash/wax mine really good twice a year...and if I get that type I would be wiping it down quite often especially if I drive through a little rain while traveling or if it rains while your at a campground in between washings. just a thought I would pass on.
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #80
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
My next coach will have the high-gloss for sure. I wish I would have ordered it on this coach, but figured I would not keep it long enough to justify the money. When the next one comes I will get it no matter what.