Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2023, 09:57 AM   #1
ep4me
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32135
Not sure what breakers are for on the Montana

Have 23 MHC 311rd, is been great. just parked it as we are taking trip to see family we are flying, so i though well I will shut everything down, turn solar off turn battery disconnect to off. We have the ge residential frig which had been great as well. I did the two finger shut off where which turned the compressor off and the lights but the door open alarm would not shut off. So I thought OK Ill turn the breaker off, it still had power OK i turn the master 50 amp breaker off still had power. Power did not go off until i unplugged from shore power. whats up with that?

ep4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:12 AM   #2
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
i would have said it was working off the batteries and inverter until you said when you unplugged it from shore power then it did turn off completly. that i do not understand either
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 11:47 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Turning off all power does not disconnect everything from battery. Even throwing the battery disconnect still leaves some things powered.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 12:16 PM   #4
C&P RV
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30294
Try switching off the breaker labeled "Inverter" and make sure the switch between the batteries and inverter is also in the off position.
There isn't a breaker for the refrigerator as best I can tell. The inverter breaker goes to the inverter and triggers the inverter's internal transfer switch indicating that shore power is available. Inverter breaker on the refrigerator stays on. Inverter breaker off, refrigerator off.
I don't think is documented anywhere and I just discovered this accidentally last week as we were shutting down everything after a month on the road.
C&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote