Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2017, 03:00 AM   #1
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Did it again, probably last time

Well, we've gone and done it again. Just bought another new Montana, our 4th Monty and 5th Keystone product. This one is a 2017, 3810 model. Replacing our 2014, 3725 model. We just really liked what the 3810 has going for it. The floor plan, and a lot of upgraded features. Dual AC/heat pumps, dual awnings with LED lights, dual fireplaces (one in the bedroom), huge RV refrigerator (18 CF), G rated Sailun tires, the new outside stair system, AND, the front window. There are a lot of other niceties on it as well, too many to mention here. A couple of minor drawbacks, or "silliness" in my opinion, is the outside TV and the different entertainment center. According to the dealer, they have gone back to the built in radio/CD player, that is 12 volts, due to demand from boondockers. No more surround sound for the TV, just a single sound bar now. But hey, three TV's, one in the living area, one in the bedroom and one outside. And one big improvement, lots of windows. The old 3725 was a bit on the dark side, inside. And of course, all LED lighting now. Inaugural run/break-in outing to come soon. Anyone else have a 3810?

2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:44 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Congratulations on your new rig, may it bring you many years of wonderful memories.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:44 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Saw all of them at the Tampa RV show yesterday. Many new features and the prices IMO were reasonable. We just got this 13 34b02 working right so we will hang onto it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:59 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Congrats on that new rig!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:53 AM   #5
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Thank you all. We are looking forward to enjoying many years of camping with the new rig. Yes, there are many new improvements, even in the last three years on the Monty's. One begins to wonder what's next? A fiver that will "float or fly".....?? I don't know what more they can do? One discovery so far, is that even though the new rig is a foot longer, the pin weight is about 500 pounds lighter. Can haul more stuff in the truck now!! We'll update as the "try'er out" in the near future.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #6
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
Congrats - a new rig is always a kick!
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:57 AM   #7
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Congrats on the new Monty! that is always fun to get a new Rig,I did notice on the new Monty's the lack of Sony TV's and Surround systems and that is too bad we just love ours ,but hey it sounds like they put some others cool things to make up for it,G rated tires,stairs Heat pump etc..
Old 01-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and enjoy your new unit.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #9
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats on the new Monty. We are just about to do the PDI on our new 3721 that has arrived and certainly are exited about ALL those new features as well.
Yes, the stereo system is a bit of a downgrade but we certainly can live with that. One thing you forgot to mention was the new separate cooktop and oven. Real nice to have oven window, electric ignition and digital timer and temp reading.
From what we have seen there are a lot of upgrades. Can't wait. Keep us posted.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #10
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Did you say New cooktops/ ovens Darwin???]as I do not see that on Montana's web site must be BRAND new with a window and electric ignition,temp reading?? that is music to My wife's ears!!,we will have to take a looksie at that sounds like a nice upgrade
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DarMar

Congrats on the new Monty. We are just about to do the PDI on our new 3721 that has arrived and certainly are exited about ALL those new features as well.
Yes, the stereo system is a bit of a downgrade but we certainly can live with that. One thing you forgot to mention was the new separate cooktop and oven. Real nice to have oven window, electric ignition and digital timer and temp reading.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #11
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Would like to walk through one of those floorplans. Is there any other hanging closet space other then where the washer/dryer goes?
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #12
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Sounds like a happy repeat owner. Sounds like a nice unit, congratulations and enjoy.

Tom Marty
Old 01-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #13
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

Did you say New cooktops/ ovens Darwin???]as I do not see that on Montana's web site must be BRAND new with a window and electric ignition,temp reading?? that is music to My wife's ears!!,we will have to take a looksie at that sounds like a nice upgrade
Quote:

There is very little info out there but we have seen them in a recently built unit and we're impressed. They are Furrion brand and the cooktop is a 3 burner unit and a separate component from the oven.
Yes, DW Maureen is real excited about the oven. For me I can't wait to dive in to the Jensen "In-Command" system that comes with the Legacy package that of course can Bluetooth to the app in my phone.
One last thing with the Legacy a power reel to roll up that 50 amp cord, Nice!
Old 01-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #14
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Power roll up wheel ..NICE not sure about the Jensen In Command have heard alot of complaints about it because well it is a Jensen brand not what you would call a Quality MFG of anything same with Furrion but I hope Furrion does a better job with their Ovens than their TV/sound systems backup cameras etc.. Keep us updated on how all that works and holds up
Old 01-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #15
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
We'll be picking up the new unit in a week, after the dealer gets through with prep. A few things we are doing....swapping out the mattress with ours. We recently bought a memory foam one for the old unit, and told dealer it goes with us. No problem. Also taking our La-Z-Boy furniture with us. Told dealer to put the new trailer furniture in our old unit, maybe make it sell better. Third, swap out the toilet. The old unit had a Thetford, we HATED it. Had a new Dometic put in. New unit has a Thetford, told dealer to swap them....no problem, no cost. Dealer is also installing two group 27 batteries at no extra cost. In regards to the stove, oh yes, we noted the window in the oven, AND the new electronic ignition for it. FINALLY. They now also include the "pizza stone" with the oven. Oddly enough, NONE of the items in our rig is Furrion. Can't remember the names, but it is definitely not Furrion. Yes, I agree about the downgrade of the stereo system, but will need to dig into it to figure out what's what. Dealer said the change was in response to customers wanting something that they could run off the batteries while bookdocking. TV does have a soundbar and subwoofer below it. I'll have to figure out where to put the satellite receiver though. After we "move in" I'll post more about what we find and do to it.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:01 AM   #16
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
No really? I believe your new oven and cooktop must be Furrion Brand, at least ours is.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #17
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Quote:

No really? I believe your new oven and cooktop must be Furrion Brand, at least ours is.
I stand corrected. On closer inspection (put on reading glasses) the stove top and oven ARE Furrion. The microwave is not, it is High Point brand.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #18
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Red face Update on new 3810

Well, we're moved in (for the most part) to the new 3810. So, I thought I'd give an update. First, we love it. We really like being able to see out the "front" in the window. And this unit has lots more windows, for an "open" feeling. Being an old building engineer, I have to tear into everything. So, for starters I traced out the entire TV cabling system. It was pretty easy. Then I went to work on the entertainment center. Pulled the radio/DVD player. Found that they had left the inline fuse on the unit. Totally inaccessible unless you pull the unit. If it quit, and you didn't know about the fuse, you would tear your hair out. I have since removed it, since it was redundant because the main breaker panel protects that circuit. No provision was made for a satellite receiver, so I bored a hole in the back of the cabinet to run the wires for that. Then I replaced the cheap sound bar with a new Sony bar with a subwoofer, which is behind the fireplace. The pseudo brick façade and fireplace were easy to remove. Next to the HVAC system. Cleaned all the sawdust out. Then, checked return ducts for both front and back units. Cleaned them out, then inserted 1 inch PVC pipe to keep the duct open. Yep, it was almost closed off. Love the tall bathroom ceiling. Love the new Intervac vacuum system. Has the "floor" sweep feature, with a hose hookup next to it, and there is also now a hose hookup in the basement. It is pretty quiet, as the main unit is now mounted in the basement wall. Love the "interior lighting" which is LED rope lights, mounted behind the trim all the way along the ceiling, from rear of unit to the bathroom wall on drivers side, and all the way to the bedroom door on the other side. Also it's around the light fixture over the kitchen sink, and also over the cabinet at the front end of the kitchen area. Lots of lighting. I have already done some other mods, more or less of a minor nature. All in all, we are very pleased with the new unit, so far. Shake down cruise coming next month. Oh, and we finally got our answer as to what the MS stands for after the model number......it means "Master Suite"........!!
Old 03-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #19
Zak
Established Member

M.O.C. #19503
Just bought the same unit on Saturday. Take delivery in April as its still winter up in Minnesota. Keep us posted on your shakedown...especially about the furnace board getting wet or air conditioner return lines leaking. Kinda worried about the water dames issues I've been reading about.
Thanks!
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #20
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Hi Zak. We shall let you know what happens. We are loading up and preparing to leave for the "shake down" cruise for the new unit. Have already had it plugged in and testing everything for the last month or so. We're fortunate to be have it out on the farm, with full power hookup and a cover. I've been going through everything with a fine tooth comb, and now we shall see how it works under "real" conditions. Back in a week. I shall be checking the items you've mentioned, although I've not heard of those problems before??? Stay tuned............!