Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2005, 04:03 AM   #1
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
leak Mountaineer 318BHS

I was wondering if any of you with the same unit have had leaks in the bedroom. We have massive amounts of water coming in - looks like around the bedroom slide - every time it rains. We have had the unit almost a year and never noticed a problem before. There does not appear to be any obvious crack or cause for the leak.
My husband is very upset. We have not had much luck with the service dept. The last time we brought it in for repair they took it upon themselves to fix something which was not a problem. The repair resulted in screws poking thru the wall between the entertainment center and the bathroom. Now we have four nice screws drilled right thru the wall to look at in the bathroom. I am afraid to have them fix that since they obviously lack the smarts to do it right the first time. They might make it worse!
Anyway - anyone - have leaks? And if so what was the cause?

Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
I have the same unit and the only leak I have had is around the TV antenna when it was new because Keystone forgot to seal it. My best suggestion would be to put the slide out and make sure the rubber seal is not damaged, then make sure the slide is closing all the way (actually saw a Montana pull in at the lake in July where the bedroom slide was out several inches and the owner did not notice). Might also want to take a flashlight out at night and shine it around the seal from the outside with the slide in and see if someone on the inside can see any light coming in.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Using the flash light at night is a great idea - thanks. Do not know why I did not think of that myself.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:01 AM   #4
Montana_1929
Established Member

M.O.C. #1929
Have you read this post? Might be similar to your problem?
http://montanaadministrator.forumco....C_ID~11802.asp

Also how do you like your unit? I have the same one for just over a year now. We've had a few issues but overall we like using it whenever we can...

Dave
Montana_1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:39 AM   #5
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Thanks. Looks like this has been a problem in other units as well - I guess the good news is that it sounds like an easy fix. We brought it in to the dealer on Saturday. They had to take care of some other issues as well. Hopefully they will fix and have it back to us nice and dry

You - asked how we like our unit. We really like it a lot. We just went out this weekend and looked at the Open Roads (for the 100th time). We considered an Open Road when we bought the Mountaineer. We also looked at a Cedar Creek.
I have to say I really like the Mountaineer better. For the money I think it is a great unit. We are very pleased with the unit just not overly pleased with our service dept. The other units are very nice too but they are ridiculoulsy priced. Neither one of them had as much storage space inside as our unit. I liked the decor in ours better as well. Overall I think it is a great unit and the price was right.
We are happy campers
Old 11-08-2005, 05:58 AM   #6
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Service dept just called and said the camper is ready for pick up. They said the slide needed adjustment and we should not have any more water problems. Keep your fingers crossed.