Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 12-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #401
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredetteb View Post
The pivot door has constantly been coming unscrewed from the top carrier trolly. I don't understand how, but that's a question for another day.

Has anyone found a way to secure the bolt from the door to the trolley so that it doesn't unthread?
I used blue loctite
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:50 PM   #402
fredetteb
Established Member

M.O.C. #20521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade1LI View Post
I used blue loctite
That was my first thought but it brings up the question of "how" the bolt keeps unthreading.

(this would be easier if I could draw)

Here goes;

The bolt hooks in the top of the door and is held in place with a lock nut. The bolt threads then screw into the center hole of the trolley that rides along the track on the door frame. When the door opens the trolley slides along the track, allowing the bolt inside the center hole to turn slightly allowing the door to do it's unique pivot action.

If I put loctite on the threads, how is the door supposed to piviot open if both ends of the bolt are held in place?

Part 2 of this mystery is the unscrewing itself. If the bolt is threaded into the trolley and turns when the door is opening (loosen) wouldn't it turn back when the door is closed (tighten)? How does the bold come unscrewed? There must be some 4th dimension the door travels through.

Anyway, I'll try the loctite and see if that helps. I like the door itsef, but this trolley/bolt setup could use a redesign.
2018 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH.
fredetteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #403
N1282X

M.O.C. #22428
This is a great idea! Other Montana models already have it there. I plan to temporarily move mine and check for proper operation.
N1282X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:42 PM   #404
TennTom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizzie View Post
The heat kicks on and all is well BUT the kitchen floor fills with air and lifts ever so slightly! I would have thought the flooring would have been glued on?!? Clearly it is not. Now, it doesn't lift much but there is definitely air getting in there and once the heat goes off, the floor goes back to normal. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking the best way to handle that one is to pull the vents in the kitchen and seal up the flooring there and all will be well. Unless the air is coming from elsewhere, then I don't know where to start.

Any input is appreciated. Safe travels to all.
Phizzie, dealer just finished my punch list for the initial 90 day shake down. Lucky for us we were the second rv to have this issue so they knew exactly what to do. I was told that none of the floors are glued down. To fix the issue they pulled up both vent covers, injected glue on both vents toward the centre and around the vents. Also went down below and removed the ducts so they could reattach them correctly and sealed them up good. Floor no longer rises and it does not get hot. Also increase in flow to bathroom and bedroom.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #405
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredetteb View Post
That was my first thought but it brings up the question of "how" the bolt keeps unthreading.

(this would be easier if I could draw)

Here goes;

The bolt hooks in the top of the door and is held in place with a lock nut. The bolt threads then screw into the center hole of the trolley that rides along the track on the door frame. When the door opens the trolley slides along the track, allowing the bolt inside the center hole to turn slightly allowing the door to do it's unique pivot action.

If I put loctite on the threads, how is the door supposed to piviot open if both ends of the bolt are held in place?

Part 2 of this mystery is the unscrewing itself. If the bolt is threaded into the trolley and turns when the door is opening (loosen) wouldn't it turn back when the door is closed (tighten)? How does the bold come unscrewed? There must be some 4th dimension the door travels through.

Anyway, I'll try the loctite and see if that helps. I like the door itsef, but this trolley/bolt setup could use a redesign.
The other fix I am thinking about if this loosens up again it to use a left hand threaded bolt.The problem is once it loosens it creates a space & will not tighten on its own, thats were a left hand threaded set up would work.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #406
TennTom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22087
But wouldn't that just loosen up when you closed it? Somehow I don't think that it matters.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #407
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Since the blue loctite seems to be working Ill leave it for now & see what happens.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #408
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Well, it fits! Finally got around to loading our Arctic Trail S X S into the garage & it actually fits, although I did have to air down the front tires. I think I will air down all four tires so it does bounce as much & I still have to lock it down. I have a few good ideas I will try & post pics when done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0036.jpg (477.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0037.jpg (402.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0038.jpg (286.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0039.jpg (267.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0040.jpg (258.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #409
TennTom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22087
Kudos.