Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Birthday Reflections

Well, tomorrow will be my 68th birthday. This has caused me to do some reflecting related to RVing. First, I don't plan to spend any more time going to RV shows. I fully expect this 2008 Big Sky to meet our needs as long as we are capable of enjoying the lifestyle. I have been looking around the parks we have visited on the way to Houma, LA. What I see is a sea of RVs older and less livable than ours, being enjoyed by the folks who own them.

There are always new gizmos to tickle your fancy and stir your new RV itch. Since I purchased this rig, Keystone has offered an new classy paint job, not available when I bought. They have added the new switchable slide control. There are a whole herd of new ideas rolling around in their heads, but I have what I have and it is great. At 68 years of age, this is my last RV unless some tragedy occurs that destroys it.

The same goes for my 2008 F350. I am unhappy with the mileage it gets, but am happy to have a good safe truck to pull the Big Sky. This truck will provide service as long as I need for it to do so. Soooo this is my last truck.

The expected life span for both these vehicles is greater than my expected capacity to use them. Therefore I can relax and enjoy them to the fullest and not worry about any upgrades other than things I may do to this unit.

My God has so blessed me with opportunities, past and present, that if I don't see my 69th year, my life will have been full and meaningful to the last drop.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote