Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Sticker Residue Remover

We are quite familiar with the adjustment/operation procedures for emergency exits in our RV. Those red EXIT stickers on our large living area window (right at eye-level when we're sitting) blocked our view of the lake and mountains where were are living for the next couple of months. Ditto for the EXIT sticker on the bedroom window. In our first 5th-wheeler, those stickers peeled off easily, leaving no residue. We kept the stickers in small plastic bags just under the windows where they were removed so that if we had to get the info in a hurry, it was right there and easy to read through the plastic. After removing the big EXIT stickers from our Montana windows, I have had to admit defeat in cleaning off the sticker glue or whatever it was that attached it to the window. Goo-Gone, WD-40, holding a sponge filled with hot water over it for hours (so it seemed when I was holding it!) . . . nothing will remove that residue. I haven't tried a razor blade yet because I wasn't sure if doing so would damage the window. Does anyone have a proven method for removing this kind of glue residue from an RV window? I understand why the stickers are put on those exit windows, but because I have relocated those sticker/instructions to locations right at the windows for easy reference, if necessary, I'd like to have a clean window to enjoy the gorgeous views around us.

By the way, this is our first Montana, a 2007 3585SA, and we love it. We're living in it full-time at the moment, in southwest Montana, on some property where we are building a home. After being generator-dependent for nearly 2 months, we finally have power to the property, but no water or septic system in place yet. So, ever so often we have to hitch up and drive 40 miles to town to dump and get water. We've already had a couple of 20-degree nights . . . interesting, but no problems keeping warm; it's the 20 to 40 below nights that we are dreading. We know from living here for the last 5 years that those temperatures are on their way. We will have to put some type of skirting around our RV to block the constant wind that comes directly off Clark Canyon reservoir to our east and from the mountains on all sides, but we haven't yet come up with a skirting idea that isn't a headache and major hassle to move or dismantle when we have to take the trailer to town to dump the tanks and get fresh water, something that is an inevitable, regular occurrence. Hay bales are easy to get up here, but the mice would love that, and I'm not crazy about putting something so flammable around me. Aside from that worry, we are enjoying our Montana and love looking out the windows (through the sticker mess) at the moose, deer, elk, and other wildlife that come through our property regularly.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote