Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
Ford Superduty Plant Idled

Received a call from my Ford dealer today. The Superduty truck plant in KY is being idled for a few days due to parts shortages from Japan. I'm fortunate my truck is in production and am told all parts are available, but it will push the delivery date out for however long they idle the plant.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...-quake-101841/

Cheers,

Robert & Kerri

troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I hear this a few weks ago , that is why I didn't want to order as the rebates I had would no longer be good after certain dates and are not being extended by Ford as I am told. My dealer is the same as yours and they got my truck from Nokuims ,FL Also the base price went up in the last 2 weeks as the dealer in NC had to add on 350.00 on the base price as they went up . Can't they find you a unit in FL some place that you want ,, It only took 4 hrs to find and get mine ...sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
I bought mine out from under my Ford dealer. It was his personal demo and had 3,100 miles on it. They took his stuff out of it and cleaned it up and it was mine. Nice of the dealer to personally break the truck in for me like that.
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
Not in a great deal of hurry or need for the TV right now. Probably won't buy our 5er until later in the year or perhaps even order what we want from the factory for early spring 2012 delivery.

What we found with shopping around for a King Ranch is they are either loaded to the max with options or stripped down. We did not want a moonroof (loose 2 inches of headroom); did want the built in hitch supports; wanted dual alternators, wanted tailgate step; etc. etc.

Dropping this kind of coin might as well get what we want. Not flying down to FL until beginning part of June to spoil the grandkids rotten for a few weeks. Will take a few weeks to drive the rig home. Might have to stop in Yellowstone National Park and wet a line for a few days on the way home.

Sounds like we struck our good deal just at the right time. With diesel prices what they are I'm hearing big diesel orders have slowed down considerably.

Found a dealer in Montana that will install a hard shell Jackrabbit cover across the back. A dealer in FL wanted 60% more than the MT dealer for the same unit and install. Cowboys win!!!

Cheers,

Robert and Kerri
troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote