Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
WooHoo, a new toy is in the works.....

and unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the Montana. DW has agreed with the fact that I really need (in my mind anyway) an addition to the naval fleet. We have been shopping around for a Jet-ski and her criteria for selection was simple. It had to be either yellow or red. Now, being the enterprising man that I am, I saw this as an opportunity. Little did she know that the only yellow ones I can find are the SeaDoo models that just so happen to have supercharged, intercooled engines. SHHHHHHH!! Thank goodness she doesn't read the forum. We found a great deal locally on a new 2009 model and will be finalizing the purchase in the next couple of weeks. Now, for those MOCers who think I am getting lazy in my old age, you can rest easy, because the other addition to the fleet will be a ten foot sit-on-top kayak for when I can't afford the gas (thanks to Egypt and Libya) for the ski and the boat. I am waiting for those to go on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods since DW got me a gift card for there for Christmas to cover the costs. Of course the Montana is still in the picture for a lot of use this summer since it is cheaper to camp than to spend a day on the river. Oh, and lastly she told me absolutely not when I mentioned the possibility of towing the ski behind the Montana, drat!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Bingo; Lots tow the water craft behind the 5th wheel. get up in the north of like mich or wis and see lots of 20 ' boats behind the units. they put on 2" receivers and away they go, cross the mackanaw bridge some time and count the units towing a boat or 4 x 4 on a trailer ,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Believe me, I tried to convince her John. Even explained that the rear-view camera system would allow us to observe it while we were towing. I did not get back any positive feedback, however. Oh well, it will be kept on a floating jetski dock in the river anyway and the closest ramp to the house is about 10 miles away which makes it a pain to pull it. Guess I had better not press the issue this early, at least until I have it here at the house. I will mention in a couple of weeks that you said it was no problem!!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Bingo,
Have you seen DW's user name: yamaha_mama? let me just say, we ain't bikers. Congrats we have been riding for years, it's a blast!

Ken

PS. Invite the kids to camp & have them tow the skis (Btw you need 2, one for each of you!)
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I'd recon two out of three is a good average. Fun on the water. In our area you also see lots of boats behind the TT's and 5th wheels.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bingo,

When you get to where you are going, or even before you leave, revert to the old, true, tried, method of sulking and pouting. It may take a few trips, but it will work.

Sorry to the rest of you that I let the 'cat out of the bag'.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Here's the way I see it. Bingo is thinking ahead to when the young men come calling, he's got something to entertain them with. The key to a sound battle plan is a good diversion.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I love my Honda Aquatrax Turbo.I Also have 2 Yamaha stand ups.I wish it was that time of the year.You will have fun this summer with the new toy!!

Steve
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote