Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Electrical control panel, jacks and slides.

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced any problems with the control panel for the jacks and stabilizers and room slides?
I am having some kind of a problem with this not working when using the button on the panel. But they all work when using the remote.

So that means there is power to the panel, is there relays on this panel?
looks to me like the little boxes on the panel may be relays or fuse's
but I do not want to pull on any of them to hard.

Sorry but I can't remember at this time if there was power to the switch or not but being that I am asking I would of assumed that there is power to the switch and the remote works fine???

Rick

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Rick,
Many of us have had the switch and wiring problem with the slides. Glad to hear the remote operates things. The problem may be with the switch itself or simply some loose wire. Many of us have had the loose ground wire causing the problem.

Good luck.
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Gee here I am back.

Thanks for the suggestions fellows.

Here is what I have found so far,
Problem #1 No Power on the positive side of the Board on the manual side. there is power going into the board from the input side.
all grounds are good as I fixed them, was some sloppy work on the crimps from factory but now repaired. and checked.

Problem #2
This was puzzling me a bite as there was no power to the visible wires, Well I took the cover off of the thermal couplers and found power on one side of the lower right coupler,
So that led me to believe that it was a bad coupler.
I taped it with handle of my screw driver and Bingo the hot water heater started up. Bad therm o coupler will replace if it happens again.

Now have to go back to problem # 1
Best go get me a sledge Hammer for this one,

R.E.H
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote