Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #21
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by berridge

We have a 3075 and use an oil filled rad . . .
Thanks for responding. Since we have the same model, where do you place your oil filled rad? Can you place the rad up next to a wall? (Actually our model has been modified by us -- we took out the sofa and put a desk in that spot. Then we swapped the recliners for the dinette. We like eating in the back and looking out the window. And we like our recliners closer to the TV. Plus our recliners no longer interfere with the opening of the fridge.)
Dick and Sharon

footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #22
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
I use electric base board heaters one in the bedroom and one behind the couch seminar to this but ours is a Cabot brand.

http://www.amazon.com/Qmark-Portable...5&sr=1-3-fkmr1
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:06 AM   #23
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Illini Trekker

I use electric base board heaters . . .
We didn't know about these. Thanks.
Dick and Sharon

Old 05-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by footloose

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by berridge

We have a 3075 and use an oil filled rad . . .
Thanks for responding. Since we have the same model, where do you place your oil filled rad? Can you place the rad up next to a wall? (Actually our model has been modified by us -- we took out the sofa and put a desk in that spot. Then we swapped the recliners for the dinette. We like eating in the back and looking out the window. And we like our recliners closer to the TV. Plus our recliners no longer interfere with the opening of the fridge.)
Dick and Sharon

I have a 31rld TT & the floor plan is the same as a 2955. We put the radiator in front of the entertainment center, about a foot away from everything. Those buggers get pretty hot so they cannot be placed right up against anything.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
We use space heater. We've used a bunch of them but they are all noisy as all get out and they cycle on-off-on-off very rapidly. Believe me we tried almost everything. Gas, ceramic, baseboard, oil filled, and of course the forced air furnaces - which sound like a 767 warming up for takeoff!

I read the reviews and took a chance on a Lasko Designer Series Oscillating Ceramic Heater from Wally World.

It's so quiet you don't know it's on most of the time. Much quieter than any of the dozen or so others we've tried over the 35+ years we've been RV'ing.

Mrs Muddypaws has the ears of an alert Golden Retirever and she LOVES this heater.
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #26
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I second what MuddyPaws says about the Lasko Designer Oscillating Ceramic Heater from Wally World. Quiet and efficient....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #27
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
We liked the idea of the Lasko Designer Oscillating Ceramic Heater, so went over to WalMart this afternoon. They moved the heaters out last week and moved in the fans. Just our luck. And it is raining and 50º outside! We found them on Amazon and WalMart websites. If we order it there, we'll have to wait until we are stationary long enough for shipments to arrive. Thanks for the the inputs.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #28
Garlic
Established Member

M.O.C. #8408
We used two 1500 watt ceramic heaters and they work very well. BUT, when the temps went way below freezing, the furnace isw
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #29
Garlic
Established Member

M.O.C. #8408
Try this again. 2 1500 ceramic heaters work well When the temps get below freezing, the furnace is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to keep the water lines running under the floor from freezing. It may be toasty inside, but underneath the floor, it is freezing. Why do I know this? So, use the ceramics until it goes below 32, then make sure you keep running the furnace to keep the lines ice free.
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #30
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
We spend the winters in Az so the temps rarely get close to freezing. We have used two small electric heaters for the last three years. We bought a small catalytic heater and used it part of last winter. I do believe it is less expencive than electricity in the park we stay in. It is not necessary to heat the area under the floor so all the propane used just keeps us warm. We have never felt it was dangerous sleeping with an electric heater running.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #31
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I have one of those indoor/outdoor temp gauges with the sensor running into the basement. It lets me know when things are getting close and I need to run the furnace to heat the basement up.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote